Friday, December 29, 2006

Knit Shop Hop


I've been enabled! After being enticed to go on a shop shop with my so-called stitching friends, I have been lured into the world of hand-dyed merino and alpaca wool! Who knew this stuff could be so addicting? One soft touch of an aloe vera treated ball of sock yarn was all it took. Have I no willpower at all? Obviously not if you could have seen the balls of lovely self patterning wool that have now made up my newly formed Yarn Stash. And of course I had to treat myself to a set of Brittney needles, a set of 5, to further along my habit.



But this habit can't last too long....only a few days left to New Year's Day and my resolution - no more Stash buying! I'm starting up the wagon .... No pattern buying until something is finished. Of course that goes along with my other resolutions - eating healthier, exercising more, and any other bad habits of mine that I can think of and are really far too many to list here.

Hmmm, I wonder how long I'll last.......?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks really good Mom!! I can't wait until my sock is done!!!

~~~Kelly

Carol said...

Oooo, pretty yarn!!

Julianne said...

The yarn looks lovely. Have fun knitting.

Barbara said...

That yarn is positively scrumptious!!

Missy said...

Gorgeous yarns! I love the colorway of the one on the needles.

: )

Sue said...

I love the yarn. I'm dying to knit a pair of socks, but I have waaaaay too many things going on for projects right now. So I'll just enjoy watching you knit yours :-)

bunnyhead said...

The yarn sure looks yummy!

Mylene said...

Lovely colours, Wendy.

Wish you all a happy new year!!! Hugs.

Stitch or no stitch said...

Love the colors of your yarn. These socks look like great fun to knit.
Margaret

Mary Ann said...

Oh, pretty colors of yarn! I do not know how to knit, so I look forward to seeing your finished socks!!

Vonna said...

Ahhhh, lovely yarn...I can't knit (besides dish rags) so good luck with that!
:D
Happy New Year!