Monday, December 18, 2006

One More Week to Christmas!


The big countdown is here - one week to go! And my shopping is done, just a little wrapping left to go.

I got my Christmas bonus last night and I really had a moment's hesitation before I opened the envelope....since I had already spent it, anticipating the amount I would get. I have never done that before and after spending years making the typical 'mother' comments, don't count your chickens and all that....I wondered if I had jumped the gun and overspent. So it was great relief that I felt when I saw it was the same amount as last year. Phew! I can now start stalking the mailman for the Mystery X kit from European Cross Stitch.

I had a nice little post last week about my taking the plunge and ordering Mystery X from Chatelaine and the kit from ECC. Even included a cool picture of all the silkies in the kit that I had snatched from their site. But Blogger decided it didn't like this post. For some weird reason, that particular post made my template go kerflewy. Even when I deleted the picture part of the post, it still pushed all my posts to the bottom of the blog. So I had no choice to delete it. Hopefully these little kinks will all get worked out soon. I think I'm able to start commenting again. Last week I ended up giving up on those also, since my comments were either published over and over or didn't show up at all, once Blogger forced me to re-register over and over.

And the countdown is on for Kelly and Chris - they arrive sometime on Wednesday night from North Carolina. They will be here for 10 whole days!!!

7 comments:

Singular Stitches said...

It's a good thing you weren't enrolled in a 'Jelly of the Month' club!! :o) (Have you ever seen Christmas Vacation?)

Anonymous said...

Wendy,

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a nice comment. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your lovely family.

Wendy said...

LOL - Christmas Vacation is my all-time favourite Christmas movie! In fact I just watched it...again...a couple days ago!

Nicki said...

I tried to leave you a comment so many times on that Mystery X post! Just to say good for you and how gorgeous the silks looked and I'm really looking forward to watching your progress! :)

lena-lou said...

I love your picture with this blog posting it is very apt :-)
I hope you have a lovely time when all of your family are together and good for you with Mystery X, you must be meant to do it!!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Hey Wendy...let's hope this post works for me today! :o)

Did you stitch that countdown calendar? It is beautiful!!

Glad that your bonus was what you thought...the "mother" comment about counting chickens...had to made me laugh..I've said that already to my kids! LOL!

Can't wait to see you and your start on Mystery X...I've been stalking my P.O. Man too!
{{hugs}}

Joanie said...

Hi Wendy,
Thanks for dropping by the blog and leaving a nice comment. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family. I'll be back to see what you're stitching! Love your work!