Thursday, July 27, 2006

A Round Robin finish

Here are my duckies - finished off the last of the backstitching last night. I was eager to get this out of the way as I didn't want to take it off on holidays with me - that's right HOLIDAYS!!! Only 2 more days to work and that's it for 2 glorious weeks. We won't be leaving for the cottage until Sunday morning, as we are going to a friend's Surprise 50th birthday party Saturday night, but that's okay, I have tons of stuff to do around the house first. Also have to get out to get a wedding gift for a wedding that we are attending when we get back and there is no way I can leave that to the last minute either.

I have started organizing my stash - trying to figure out which projects might take my fancy while I'm away. And I ran out last night to the local Michael's for some floss (3 skeins for $1- great deal any more) because you know you can never have enough floss. And where our cottage is located, I don't think there is any floss to be found unless you want to drive for an hour. Trust me, I know, its happened!

While scavenging through my stash last night, look at this pattern I found in one of my hordes of magazines: this is called Leaping Stag Silhouette by Kathy Barrick of Carriage House Samplings. What a pretty little piece. I can feel a bad case of startitis coming on!

So far these are the projects I have to take along with me:

~Prairie Schooler alphabet blocks
~Chatelaine's Taj Mahal (still not even started)
~Carriage House Samplings alphabet series (haven't started these either)
~CHS Houses of Hawk Run Hollow
~and a couple of Christmas thingies that I would like to get going on
~and my Blackbird SAL which is officially starting on August 1st.

It looks like my startitis will get a very nice fix very soon.

Hmmm, think that will keep me busy enough for the next 2 weeks?

2 comments:

Singular Stitches said...

Congrats on the finish!!!

And I can't wait to see the stag sampler progress. What a really cool sampler design!!

Margaret said...

What a pretty finish. Someone will be very happy with that.

The stag sampler is lovely - no wonder you have a case of startitis.

You've got some wonderful projects lined up to take on vacation. Have a great time.

Margaret