Friday, January 12, 2007

UFO time


I guess Marj talking about digging out her poor Fairy Idyll out of the depths of UFO'edness, made me remember I had a Mirabilia of my own hidden away somewhere. Yes way up out of sight, on top of my china cabinet. Christmas Elegance actually ended up somewhere high because she is on scroll rods (my first ever piece on scroll rods) since I wanted to save myself from beading despair at the end of stitching and doing the beading along the way. Which is actually why this poor thing became a UFO, I ran out of beads! What a poor miserable excuse really. One of the cheapest things to buy and I just never got around to buying any more?

So here she is, I'm determined this time not to let her languish any more with the dust bunnies on the china cabinet. I still don't have this beads I need, but I also remembered that I need to do a little gridding in the background for all the snowflakes (more beads) that need to be placed, and I found it next to impossible to count fabric threads on this dark fabric.

Can I encourage anyone else to bring out a poor UFO to join mine?

19 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh Wendy...she is absolutely beautiful and you have so much of her done already! Yes, she definitely needs to be finished! I've pulled out all sorts of things in my UFO....so I'm working on them too...but I've also started like umpteenmillion since Jan. 1! LOL!
*bag girl*
:)

Leeland said...

Your Chatelaine is exquisite. I know how frustrating it is when those metallic threads don't show all their beauty on the puter...
Your UFO is so exquisite! I am also trying to finish things, but every time I do, I start something else...

Anonymous said...

Wow, is she pretty. You MUST finish her.

Carol said...

She's really pretty Wendy - it's great that you pulled her back out!

Barb said...

It's looking beautiful! I've pulled up 4 UFO's I'd like to finish. One I'll probably start working on Sunday when my current WIP is finished!

Trixie said...

Wow! That's a beautiful Mira. Isn't it amazing how distracted a stitcher can get with all the other new stuff out there!

Mylene said...

Not me, Wendy. Until when we return back in March..
But your UFO looks wonderful. Looking forward to see update next time.

Cindy said...

What a pretty project! I have had projects become UFO's for the same reason...it's funny what prompts us to stop working on these things sometimes!

Mary Ann said...

She is beautiful!! I do hope you finish her.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I'd love to see you finish her up. She is stunning!

The Silver Thistle said...

I'll be your cheerleader to root you on......go girl, go!!

I was just thinking last night that I should bring out one of my UFO's, an unknown angel that I actually love but put away for a while because I got a bit fed up with the constant creams and greys. Might bring it out one of these days though.

mainely stitching said...

I'm glad you pulled this beauty out of the dust bunnies!

Katrina said...

This is a beautiful Mirabilia Wendy, good luck for continuing on with her. Look forward to seeing more progress!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

This UFO is lovely Wendy please rescue her and continue to work on her. List the beads you need and I will see if we have them. CJ

Glenna said...

Wow, she's beautiful and very much deserving of being rescued. But no, no, don't make me dig out a UFO, I'm busy starting new ones--LOL.

Debbi said...

This is really a beautiful piece. You should come join in us in a round of our UFO RR. Sign-ups are being accepted on the Worldwide Round Robin BB now and we all have so much fun stitching on everyone else's UFO pieces. Some even get finished!

catandturtle said...

I have always loved this design and it looks stunning on the blue fabric you chose. I hope you continue to work on it, beads or not. :)

catandturtle said...

I recently pulled out a Mirabilia UFO too...Winter Queen. Hopefully I will start it up again too.

Sharon said...

Wendy, she is just beautiful. I do hope you will finish her, what a gorgeous piece.
Hugs, Sharon
http://sharonstitches.blogspot.com