Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Chatelaine Mystery X arrived!

It came...it came! So its a day late, its here and I finally got see all the pretty silkies. Just a very small package but you know what they say about good things and small packages. European Cross Stitch really outdoes themself with packing these kits together - everything in floss-away baggies, and even a pack of piecemaker needles thrown in. I had fun looking all the silkies over, sorting through and putting them away in my new project tote which I had been saving for this. And luckily too I think the fabric I had stashed away will be perfect for this.

So I was well armed with all my print-outs from the Chatelaine group, instructions, colour keys, Section I print-outs including the enlargements that I finally figured out how to do, settled into my big easy chair with my OTT lite, and suddenly I was lost. The design starts off in the very centre, which was labelled "C" and I had no idea what "C" was supposed to be? So back to the drawing board ( or computer in this case ) and I was about to ask the Yahoo group, when I saw that 2 members have already posted pics of their completed sections! Whoa, talk about turbo charged needles! But it saved me asking a silly question, as the C section was left unstitched as were all the little 'b' sections.

So I was merrily back on my way again....and 2 hours later, not a lot to look at, but it was so much fun. I really hated to pack it away for the night, but it had been a long day, my first back at work.

Did I mention how much I enjoyed stitching with these silks??? Ahhhh......

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, another Chatelaine Mystery project I can keep tabs on! :-) I enjoyed watching Carol's progress on her Mystery piece this year, now I can keep track of yours this year! It's started out really pretty.

Maybe one of these days when I work through my current stash (yeah, right...like that's even possible!), I may give one of these Mysteries a try. Until then, I'll stitch vicariously through other people who are brave enough to do them! LOL!

Mary Ann said...

Oh such a pretty package you received, Wendy! It's even tied with a bow!!! And such a wonderful start on the Chatelaine Mystery--very pretty blues! I am going to so love watching your progress on this piece!

Kitty Couture said...

Looking great, Wendy! :D

Heather said...

Yay! It finally got there :) Now the poor mailman doesn’t have to come to your door in fear of you tackling him anymore hehe :)

If you want a copy of the Be Happy Freebie, email me your address I can mail it to you if you’d like! oregonsurfers@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty. I love stitching with silks, especially the NPI's. This will be a fun project to follow.

Nicki said...

Such a pretty centre :) And don't European Cross Stitch do the best parcels? :)

Annemarie said...

That little bag of silks looks yummy. And so does the stitching. I hope you enjoy your Mystery!

Cindy said...

Wow! What a wonderful package of goodies :) I'll enjoy watching your progress on this!

Nicole said...

Wendy, I am so tempted to get this also!! Your start is so pretty!! :)

Margaret said...

Oh Wendy, this is so exciting!!! I'll be watching for updates.
Margaret

Carol said...

OOoo, a new Chatelaine kit!!!! Yay! I will love watching you stitch yours - I am definitely sitting out for a while now LOL!!

Leeland said...

What a treat it will be for us to see how it all turns under your needle! The colours are so pretty! It doesn't look very easy, though...
Keep stitching!
Take care, Wendy!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh, lovely! I'm sure that as you progress it will become more and more beautiful!
Lucky You Wendy!!
:)

Juls said...

Wendy, the package looks wonderful! I can't wait to follow your progress! And thanks for posting on my blog! I found yours through Vonna as well!