Monday, January 15, 2007

Be Warm

Although we had a quiet weekend, I really didn't get too much stitching done. My eyes were bothering me far too much with the dreaded dry eye syndrome. I remembered too late, after prying my eyes open on Saturday morning, that I haven't been running the humidifier in my bedroom and this hot heated air in the house has done me in. So in between the irritated scratchy feeling, I have bouts of my eyes watering as if I'm crying. Needless to see I look a little raccoon-ish right now, and gridding Christmas Elegance was out of the question.

I did get out on Saturday with Marg, to our favourite quilt shop in Uxbridge, called Quilter's Cupboard and we signed up for the Saturday Morning Sampler.


I finished up a small Shepherd's Bush piece, from the Be-Attitude series from last year. This is called Be Warm and seems very appropriate for this January weather - we are having freezing rain today. I used some buttons called Dress It Up and they match very nicely. I think I'll try to finish this into a small pillow, hopefully I can find some fabric in my stash. And, with my thanks to Heather (Quilt or Stitch), I have the SB freebie Be Happy which she so kindly sent to me.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute finish! I hope your eyes are better soon.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Cute, cute, cute Wendy!
I love the Dress it up buttons too!
:)

Kitty Couture said...

Aww, that is so cute! What a clever use of those buttons.
Hope your eyes are better now!

Anonymous said...

Your Be Warm came out nice. I love the buttons you added, you're right they go perfectly with the piece.

Carol said...

Oh my - what do you do for dry eye? That must be terrible! Congratulations on your finish :-)

Von said...

We're still very cold here in Kennewick too so seeing your cute little bundled up snowman warms my heart. :D
Take care of yourself!

Unknown said...

Cute, cute, cute finish!

Anonymous said...

How cute!

Heather said...

Be Warm… right! It’s so cold here… I am trying :D

That is so adorable! I like the little buttons on there. It’ll look great as a little pillow. You are most welcome for the freebie, it’s a very cute chart. I have plans to start that up after I finish the ornament SAL I am working on ^_^.

Alberta said...

Wendy, I hope your eyes are feeling better today. I have a similar problem to contend with, and it always flares up when I want to stitch the most! Take care!
Berta

Mary Ann said...

Such a cute finish, and the buttons are just perfect! I hope your eyes are better very soon.

mainely stitching said...

It is so hard to keep the ol' peepers happy during the winter, isn't it? I just popped a few drops of lubricating Visine in mine and they're feeling much happier. ;)

Your SB finish is really cute!!

Kathy said...

Awww your SB looks really cute. Hope your eyes get better soon.

Hugs xxxxxx

Katrina said...

sorry to hear that you've got eye problems Wendy, hope they come right soon :)

Your SB piece is so cute, the buttons match perfectly :)

Cindy said...

Very cute...and so approprite for this time of year :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy,

I hope your eyes are feeling better. I love your finish. Those buttons are really cute.