Friday, January 05, 2007

My 100th post!

Pretty cool how Blogger keeps track of these things, I almost didn't believe this is my 100th post! Blogging is so much fun and I love how encouraged I feel to take progress pics of my various works-in-progress, which I never used to do. It is my goal this year to try to get more interesting pictures for my blog. There are just so many creative people out there, its constantly amazing to me when I see the incredible pictures people take and read about the fantastic things they are working on.

So far so good with my New Year's resolutions, although the first week of January isn't up yet! And (gulp) there are so many sales at the OLNS's going on out there.

Over the Christmas break I did manage to put a few stitches in to my woefully ignored Houses of Hawk Run Hollow and as I promised myself, here is an update:


I finally got the third block done (actually the house on the upper left in the pic) and I really enjoyed stitching on this piece again. I hate to say when I first started this.....poor thing really was shuffled down to the bottom of the WIP pile. I know a lot of people are already working on Village of Hawk Run Hollow which is on my wish list, but I don't dare get it yet. And I had heard rumours about a Folke of Hawk Run Hollow being released. I just can't get these masterpieces stitched quickly enough!

Tomorrow will be a tidying up day to get ready for my stitching get-together on Sunday. Everyone is meeting here at 12:00 pm for our potluck lunch and then an afternoon of stitching with my great stitching friends! Isn't that something great to look forwards to? I promise some pictures.....

15 comments:

Lelia said...

congrats on finishing your 3rd block. I didn't know there might be another sampler! Wow. They are so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Your Houses of Hawk Run Hollow looks great. It is nice when stitching friends can get together, have fun!

Glenna said...

Happy 100th! HoHRH looks wonderful. I need to dig mine out as well--so much stitching! I am not even going to try to tackle VoHRH, much less FoHRH....

Karen's Blog said...

Happy 100Th posting!!!

HOHRH looks wonderful. I am working on both HOHRH and VOHRH. I can't wait to see a 3rd one in this series!!!

Mary Ann said...

Congratulations on 100 posts!! HoHRH is looking wonderful! And, your get together with stitching friends sounds so fun!!!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Well isn't that a smashing thing to do...have a stitch together luncheon! That's a fabulous idea...too bad I don't know anyone that lives close to me and stitches... :(
Have a really great time!
I love your HOHRH..I didn't even know you were doing the houses...and now I've got to get to work on my VoHRH so that if a new one is released I can do it! LOL!
(yeah right!)

catandturtle said...

Houses of HRH looks awesome. The blocks you are stitching are really impressive. Ann.

Christine S said...

The potluck sounds like a great time! Great progress on HRH!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Congrats on the 100th post what a milestone. The hoHRH is coming along great and I hate to tempt you too soon but I just posted a packaged special of all the VoHRH stuff. (See my blog for shop link if your interested)So wonderful that you can share you stitching time with friends, that is the best to me. Happy Stitching, CJ

Annemarie said...

A hundred posts! What a feat! I love your third block of HoHRH. Makes my fingers itch to get back the the Village, too!

Heather said...

Nice job! THat is a really neat piece I think.

Question... where did you get the buttons you used on your Bent Creek Snappers? I wanted to do buttons too! And I saw yours, and thought I'd ask :) I like how you did the border sayings "time flies" and your initials and the year. I am doing mine horizontal, but I think I'll use the same idea. I am such a copy cat ;)

Susimac said...

Happy 100th posting!! Love HOHRH its looking wonderful its one I would like to do, but I think I would lose interest as its such a big piece, but I really love it!!

Unknown said...

I am so jealous of your stitching group! HoHRH looks great and congrats on your 100th post!

Anonymous said...

Your HoHRH is looking gorgeous! Great progress - congratulations!kk

Anonymous said...

happy 100th, Wendy !
your Houses of Hawk Run Hollow looks wonderful and your stitching group looks so friendly