Thursday, November 02, 2006

Two New Finishes





My latest Prairie Schooler 2 finishes ~ C and D. I finished up C last night at the Guild meeting, I finally had a missing skein of floss that was needed for the grassy areas. And I did make some rather drastic changes to the 'D' block, to make it suit my taste a little more.

I'm so excited to see the end of this series - 2+ years and counting later. I have only A, B, Y and Z left to do (I started with X is for Cross Stitch and worked my way backwards since Y and Z were not released yet). That means 20 blocks! Do you think its time to start shopping for fabric to make these into a quilt?

Meanwhile I have become a crazed Prairie Schooler fan and can't wait for any of their new releases to come out. Which reminds me, I have a Christmas ornament to make for the PS Board, and the deadline is fast approaching.

13 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I think your blocks are lovely and I'll be happy to say "YES!" to enable you to go shopping for quilting fabric! You know it is good for the economy!
I understand the obsession with Prairie Schooler...I've recently become "mad" for them myself...In the past I thought they were a little too rustic looking...but I've been gobbling up their patterns of late :D

Katrina said...

your block look great Wendy, you'll have to share a pic of all of them for us sometime :)

Anne S said...

I love those PS blocks ... and now I've just seen one that I absolutely MUST have - and no it's not the cow one ;) Geesh, another one for the wishlist haha :D

Mary Kathryn said...

Great work! I love the alphabet series but I've only stitched V so far, a lovely lady stitched E for me (a treasure).

:0)

Kitty Couture said...

You already stitched 20 of these big blocks!! That's impressive. Yep, you definitely need to start searching for the perfect fabric to quilt them up! :)

Anonymous said...

They look great Mom -- I can't wait to see it when its finished!!

Anonymous said...

Well done, Wendy. Both looks so neat and beautiful.
Have a nice weekend.

Von said...

I've done quite a few PS designs myself, but not in the last couple of years. Love this alphabet series they have now and yours look great! :D

Anonymous said...

Oh my, these are very cute! You don't have many more before the alphabet is completed.

I've been making fobs with the garden alphabet pattern ... PS designs are a blast to work on.

Enjoy your week-end. Thanks for stopping by & commenting on my blog.

Leah said...

Great finishes, Wendy! I'm a PS fanatic too. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wendy, they look wonderful! You did an excellent job! I love the way you swapped around the D block to suit your own tastes. Congrats on the finishes!

Sharon said...

Those are lovely-I haven't seen them before. They will make a fab quilt!

Anne S said...

Wendy, do you mind if I ask which chart you got the "D is for Duck" design from? I'm trying to hunt it down on the Prairie Schooler website, and not having much luck. Thanks heaps and heaps :D