Thursday, November 23, 2006

A Finished Finish

Happy Thanksgiving to all my US friends!

Kelly and Chris made the 13 hour drive to New York from North Carolina yesterday to visit with Chris' family. And of course mother that I am, I was very happy to get the phone call that they had arrived safely. I'm sure they are feeling very full right now after a big turkey dinner.












My Noah's Ark bellpull was finally completed and handed off to baby Scarlett the other day. My sister had a family lunch at her new house for all the 'girls' and it was a perfect chance for me to give my niece the baby gift I had made. Being a cross stitcher herself, she was very pleased and I was very relieved!


















And I finished up all the sewing on the Christmas towels I had been working on. I made 8 in total and gave 5 of them as gifts to my sisters and cousins. So that leaves 3 left, one for me and Carrie and Kelly.

And I have to post this picture of Scarlett. She is just such a sweetheart with the biggest blue eyes ever. As you can see from the picture, Carrie really just didn't want to put her down!


Tonight is 4 Saisons night - I'm hoping to get a little more accomplished so I can show an update.

12 comments:

Christine S said...

Oh wow, what a beauty she is!! The bellpull looks great and I really like the towels!

Carol said...

Scarlett's bellpull is beautiful - as is she!! Congratulations on doing such a lovely job!

Anonymous said...

Great bellpull. I just love it. Baby Scarlett is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful finish on the bellpull and the towels will be perfect for this holiday season. Scarlett is a beauty and I agree, what eyes she has!

Alberta said...

Wendy your work is beautiful! Scarlett, what a sweetheart!

Mary Ann said...

Wendy, the Noah's Ark for Scarlett is beautiful, and she is such a cutie! And the towels are fantastic!

Anonymous said...

The bell pull is so pretty and I love your BC piece as well.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Exceptional work Wendy! both the bellpull and the towels...those towels are GREAT! I'm sure everyone was just thrilled to receive them!
:D

Katrina said...

Scarlett looks like a real cutie Wendy :) Both the towels and your finished wall hanging are awesome :)

Anonymous said...

The bellpull is wonderful, a real work of patience. I appreciate too the stitchers who have patience enough to stitch a serie of similar items to share around them. So congratulations for your masterpiece and for your towels. Nice idea. You may enjoy to visit my French/English site with my cross stitched works and French traditions.

mainely stitching said...

Wow, that Scarlett is adorable! And her bellpull is fabulous - what a great idea!

Karen said...

Scarlett is adorable! She has gorgeous eyes.

Have you ever been busy! All of these finishes. They all look great. Way to go! :)