Friday, November 17, 2006

Project Bag

I picked this cool pattern up the other day at the local quilt shop. It was to make a project tote bag and the kit actually included all the fabrics that I am using for my Guild sewing box. So ... well of'course I had to buy it!

I decided to make it first with some fabrics from my stash, because I didn't trust myself to make it with the sewing box fabrics, figuring I would destroy the whole thing and then wind up having to buy another metre of two of fabric.

But this thing sewed up so quickly and easily and its so cool!












There are 2 pockets on the outside of the tote, for storing scissors and assorted other goodies. On the inside, you actually sew in 6 of the large size Ziploc baggies (have I mentioned how much I love Ziploc baggies?) and these are great for keeping all your threads and miscellaneous goodies needed for a project.

There are Velcro ties to hold everything all in together, and voila! you're good to go! I love it. Now that I've made it once, I feel comfortable making it with the good fabric, but I love the batiks that I used for the first one too. Well I usually have more then one project on the go at a time, so I really need several more....;-D


8 comments:

Anne S said...

What an awesome project bag - and I LOVE the fabrics you used ... it looks awesome :D

Senorita Stitches said...

I can always use another bag. This one really looks useful. Is the pattern available separetely, or do you have to buy the kit to get the pattern? Who's the designer?

Congratulations on your daughter's graduation! :)

Anonymous said...

Your bag is fabulous Wendy! I'd love to make something like that. The fabric you used is gorgeous :)

Unknown said...

Wow! Where can I find that pattern? That is a very cool project!

Mary Ann said...

The project tote bag is so COOL, and I love the fabric!! It looks like the perfect bag for keeping stitching projects all together and ready to stitch.

Rachel V said...

That's very neat, Wendy! Let us know where you found the pattern - it looks very handy. :) Congrats on your daughter's graduation, too.

Alberta said...

Wendy, I don't know why you would doubt your sewing/crafting skills...the tote is beautiful and looks so functional! Great work, thanks for posting the photos!

Anonymous said...

So....since I can't sew a straight line to save my life, how much would you charge to whip me up one of these? After the holidays, we will talk. Maybe we can make it a stitch-a-long and you could bring one for me and I would cook (and pay you for it) in return, I can cook better than I sew, PROMISE!