Friday, November 10, 2006

My letter K

I read this on Christine's blog and thought it would be a fun thing to try. She kindly assigned me a 'K' and I copied the instructions pretty much directly from her site (sorry :-)

So:
Comment to this message and I will assign you a letter of the alphabet. Then go to your journal and post a list of 10 words that begin with this letter and what they mean to you.

Here goes:

1. K ~ Kelly, of course, my almost 21 year old daughter, is the very first person who comes to mind.

2. K ~ Kids, and I have 3 of 'em!

3. K ~ Karen, my oldest sister, who started me off on quilting and whom I have finally managed to drag over to the dark (but enlightened) side of cross stitch.

4. K ~ Kelsey, daughter Carrie's doggy who lives with us now. She is a Schnoodle and a wonderfully loving doggy, except that hubby keeps threatening to have her 'barker' removed.

5. K ~ Kitty cats, I love 'em but can't have them in the house because of hubby's dreadful allergy to them.

6. K ~ Kits, meaning cross stitch ones, that is, I still buy them even if it means I swap out the fabric and even the floss sometimes.

7. K ~ Knit, another hobby which I love to do but too many other things just get in the way.

8. K ~ Kangeroo, do you know I have never actually seen one of these guys in real life? Well not at any zoos, that is.

9. K ~ Knees, which I am starting to feel a little more tonight, especially since I started back on my 30 minute walks.

10. K ~ Kiss, this one thanks to Carrie, because you know all I seem to be able to think of are C-words? But this one means a lot to me too, so its best left for the end.

Whew .... I did it, and it was harder than I thought. I think its time for bed!

8 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Cute! or should I say "KUTE"
:D

Annemarie said...

This is nice! The only words I could come up with were in Dutch: kind (child) and koffie (speaks for itself). Not very interesting...

Unknown said...

You did a great job with K! I would never be able to think of all those words LOL

Margaret said...

Very good!!! Great job with all those 'K' words.
Love the house you're stitching for your neighbourhood.
Margaret

Anonymous said...

Wendy, I love your blog. Your work is just so pretty. Also, Thank you so much for the nice comments on mine. I wanted to email you for the longest but couldn't find an email address. LOL So here I am. Oh the design you picked for neighborhood PS is just so nice. Love it. You can assign me a letter and I will join in the fun.
Hugs, Sharon
http://sharonstitches.blogspot.com/

Rachel V said...

love it!

Alberta said...

What a way to challenge your mind! Loved reading about your special K's!

mainely stitching said...

Very cute! What a fun idea!!