Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A Finish!












Bent Creek Snappers
on 32 ct Platinum linen, using DMC, GAST and WDW thread.

Started on January 1st, 2006 ~ Finished on November 18, 2006


Whew, a larger finish for me! I'm very happy with the way this turned out. I used two sets of buttons from Dress It Up sets, hearts around the border and teeny tiny buttons in the blocks themselves, instead of using the snaps that came with the patterns. These are really sweet and I will have to use them again.

And I got my parcel mailed out for the Prairie Schooler board ornament exchange. I took a scan of the ornament also and as soon as the recipient receives it, I'll post it.

I'm still looking for 4 more people for my Pay it Forwards. I'm afraid I joined in this too late and everyone has already signed on. Vonna has suggested a sideways swap, so even though you have already signed on with someone, feel free to join mine also!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous finish, Wendy! I love what you did with the buttons, they really finish it off well.

Schokti said...

Congratulations, Wendy! It looks fantastic.

Carol said...

Wow, it came out great!

Kitty Couture said...

Wow, it's gorgeous Wendy! Love the way it looks all put together. And it is just perfect on that fabric, love that colour!
You can really be proud of it. :)

Mary Ann said...

Fantastic finish, Wendy!! I really like the buttons you used instead of the snaps.

Nicole said...

That is so cute!! I love the buttons also! Congrats on a great finish! :)

Margaret said...

Congratulations on a gorgeous finish Wendy. The buttons are the perfect touch.
Margaret

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Lovely, beautiful, fantastic, great...can I come up with some more adjectives...?? I think I need to put this on my list...yours is lovely and you've been quite the stitcher this year!!
:D

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Wendy, it is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Really nice work on the Snappers. What a lovely piece, it looks great.

Nicki said...

It looks gorgeous! I love the buttons instead of the snaps. I was thinking of doing that for Spring Snapperland, so it's lovely to see it done here :)

Katrina said...

a lovely finish there Wendy, looks wonderful :)

Missy said...

Wow, what a great finish!!! I love that border. Can you tell me where to get it? mhighfill @ gmail.com

Thanks!
: )

Leeland said...

This is a big huge wonderful project, Wendy!
I'm way behind in my blog reading but I think it's still time to congratulate your lovely daughter (and her parents who sure do have something to do with it) for her success!
Take care!

Susimac said...

Thats really great - I love it.

Heather said...

This is one of the next ones I'll stitch after my Mermaids are done. I love how you put "time flies" on there. I may have to borrow that idea :) You did a really nice job on this!