Thursday, November 30, 2006

An ornament and Great News!












I received Leah's ornament from the Prairie Schooler exchange. Isn't he amazing! She did a fantastic job with the stitching, he's actually quite a tiny thing as he is stitched on what looks like 40 ct fabric. I'm so happy with this exchange and I hope Leah receives the ornament from me soon.


I edited this post to change the original pic to one that I swiped from Leah. And I included the PS ornie I stitched for her.


Thanks for everyone's comments on my Blackbird finish! These are great designs to work on, and not as time consuming as most of what I take on. Barbara, if you are interested in joining our SAL, please leave your e-mail and I'll have Eva (moderator exceptionale) send you an invitation to the forum.

As Vonna mentioned, I think I have high octane on my turbo-needles (I love that comment!) as I'm just finishing up with Lynn's RR. I hope to have a picture of the finished piece by the weekend. Now just 2 more RR's to catch up with....my Guild one, which is still in the early stages so should be quick to do, and Ann's Neighbourhood, and I already have the design picked out and ready to start.

It was definitely a great day for good news ~ Carrie was offered a job at the new Durham Regional Cancer Centre as a radiation therapist. This was her first choice for jobs actually so she is absolutely thrilled! This is a new centre that is opening up in the spring of next year, so on the downside, she won't be starting until sometime between March and May, but on the upside, its only a 10 minute drive away. No worries about commuting to Toronto for a job! And on top of that, she was also offered a position on a scrapbook design team. I don't have the details of the name, but I'm sure its all on her blog. So she will have something to keep her busy until the paying job starts!

13 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Hurray for Carrie!!!

Leah did an exceptional job sewing the little nutcracker and I love her choice of fabric!

You GO GIRL! I can't believe the stitching your continuing to get done!!
:D

Mary Ann said...

What a beautiful ornament! I will be looking forward to seeing more of your "turbo needle" finishes! :-) And, congratulations to your DD.

Carol said...

Gorgeous ornament - congratulations on being the very lucky recipient! Congrats to Carrie :-)

Margaret said...

Wow Wendy, you have been working hard. Beautiful finishes on your bellpull and the Blackbird "When This You See".
I'm anxiously awaiting your next project.
Leah's nutcracker ornament is so cute. What a lovely exchange.
Congratulations to Carrie. How wonderful that she gets the job of her choice, even if she will have to wait a few months. Also fantastic that it's so close to home.
Margaret

Kitty Couture said...

Congrats, Carrie! :) :)
And that ornament is so sweet :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the nutcracker, he's great.

Annemarie said...

That PS ornament is truly gorgeous. And well done Cathy, for getting such a terrific job!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Carrie :)
Lovely ornament

Schokti said...

Yay for Carrie!

Anonymous said...

The PS ornament looks great!!
Congrats to Carrie and have a nice weekend.

Unknown said...

What a great ornament! I just got 3 Blackbird designs in a grab bag from my LNS and they are all in my to stitch pile. I have to agree, they look like fun stitches!

Anonymous said...

Wendy - loving Leah's nutcracker ornament, and I've been looking at all your work. Love your taste, and I wish I could borrow some of your octane for my non-turbo needles, LOL! Great language for speedy stitchers! Loving ALL your work and your blog. Very nice visit!

Katrina said...

what lovely exchanges Wendy, and congrats to your DD Carrie, wishing her lots of luck in her new job :)