Sunday, September 24, 2006

Stash


Carrie and I went on a little shopping trip yesterday, mostly to scrapbook stores, in the Mississauga area, but since we were in the 'neighbourhood' of course I had to stop in Gitta's, one of the very few LNS in the Toronto area. I pawed eagerly through tons of leaflets and oooh'ed and aww'ed at lots of shop models. And even met up with a couple of stitchers that I know! I ended up leaving with the new JCS Ornament issue (yeah!) and 2 gorgeous hand-dyed fabric remnants. One is a nice sized piece 15" x 15" of Autumn Fields Belfast - this one I'm so in love with - and another piece 11" x 27" of a nameless blue fabric - the dying is very subtle so it looks like sky and clouds. I was thinking this might be a great piece for the Bent Creek Spring Snapper series.

I'm off to Marj's today for a stitching get-together. Must get my stitching, and of course food, put together!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice stash. It's always nice to come home with fabbies, that's always the best part for me.

mainely stitching said...

I just love those new fabbies! I'm impatiently awaiting the arrival of my JCS issue. Can't wait to get it!

Rebel In Ontario said...

Great trip! I've yet to be to Gitta's but I stop by her booth each time I'm at the CNSF. A stitch -a- long? I miss my stitching buddy Christine already...sniff, sniff.

Margaret said...

Great new fabrics!! Isn't it wonderful just dreaming what you'll be stitching on them?
Your 4-Saisons is so lovely. What a beautiful piece this will be when completed.
Margaret

Leeland said...

Great projects! I'll come back to have a look!
The blue fabric will certainly look great with the Bent Creek spring snappers! Their designs are such fun to stitch...
You're bookmarked!

Anita said...

I am still patiently waiting
for my ornament issue to
get here. I renew the magazine
so the ornament issue is a
bonus. It is fun to shop in a LNS
for sure. I don't have any LNS
close to my house anymore.