Friday, September 22, 2006

Saisons Sampler

Wow I didn't realize I scanned this so crookedly. Sorry about that! This WIP pic is a long time coming, since its been a long time since I picked the poor thing up. This is the Thursday sampler that Marg and I have been working on but we sort of took a several month hiatus. I'm working on Winter now and actually I'm near the bottom of the piece, although I only scanned in this section since its HUGE!

Did I mention what a dream Gloriana silks are to work with? I'm in love with them all over again. One strand gives great coverage on 32 ct, luckily, because they are horrendously expensive silks. One skein unfortunately does not seem to be enough to work each season in but we can probably buy an extra skein for each and split it in half. Luckily we are both using the same colours.

Here's a peek at Spring which was done in 'Blue Grass', until I ran out of floss.

Winter is being done in 'Sierra Haze'.
Autumn will be done in 'Apricot Grove' and Summer in 'Granny Smith Green'. That leaves the tree in the centre which we are using 'Jacaranda' and Ecru for odd bits here and there.
Our Guild meeting on Wednesday night was a busy one ~ we passed on our Christmas tree RR's (I'm one of the few who isn't doing a Christmas theme ;-) and started our sewing cases. It got a little confusing, so say the least and we all had a lot of fun (not) with the double sided tape. But its being done in a similar style to the Etui boxes we made a couple of years ago, except on a much larger scale, and with a lot more pieces. So I have lots of homework which I must try to get to soon before I forget what I'm doing.

Yeah....the weekend! Being back to work this week has been tiresome and I'm really looking forwards to a couple of days off and Sunday is a stitching get-together at Marj's new house! Have a great weekend!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your Saisons sampler - great progress! The little kitty at the bottom of Winter is really cute ;)

Unknown said...

Both of them are just beautiful. The thread is amazing!

Anonymous said...

How pretty your sampler is. Lovely colors and stitching.

Singular Stitches said...

What a beautiful sampler!

Glenna said...

What yummy colors in that sampler, both fabric and fiber. I haven't used the gloriana silks and will look for a project with them!

mainely stitching said...

Wow, what gorgeous stitching. And those colors are amazing!!! Can't wait to see more! :)

Nancy in IL said...

Oh WOW, Wendy! What an impressive piece of work! The colors are just wonderful, and your work impeccable. It's good for me to be back visiting blogs again and blogging myself. It's so inspiring seeing such lovely work as yours. Thanks for the tip on Gloriana silks. I've never used 'em.

Von said...

Aren't those the loveliest designs in such yummy colors! I have a few Glorianas, but haven't used them yet. They come out every now and then to be oohed and ahhed over. :D

Anne S said...

I have to agree with you about Gloriana silks - they're the most divine thread I've ever stitched with, I adore them :) Your sampler is looking stunning :D