Thursday, September 14, 2006

Blackbird SAL - Part 3

Part 3 of my Blackbird SAL is complete....just in time to start Part 4 tomorrow! These was an intense section though, with a lot of filling in of the grass. I'm pleased with the way my little change has worked out. I used one strand of GAST Chamomile with one strand of DMC 370, since I found 2 strands of Chamomile to be a little too dark. I used 2 strands here and there though so as not to lose too much of the variegation which really enhances the look of this piece.

Section 4 is going to be the right hand side flowers and vines, a break from the last section which is the rest of the grass and lettering.

Thank you for the suggestions for my Guild round robin, Isabelle and Margaret! They are much appreciated. I haven't quite decided for sure on my theme but that is coming soon, I have to stitch my first section this weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When This You See looks great. I found the grass very tedious at the end, even though I tried to break it up when stitching the piece, I still ended up with a lot to do at the end. I didn't want to see Chamomile for a long time.

Anonymous said...

Nice progress Wendy, it looks great!

Carol said...

Great progress on When This You See! I remember when Sue was doing it - she didn't want to see GAST Chamomile for the longest time - I think that still holds true :-)

Margaret said...

'When This You See' is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing the end result.
Of course you may come & join the Wednesday morning group Wendy. That way I'd get to meet you in person which would be great.
Margaret

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

That change is inspiration....because the look is fabulous! Good job!
:o)

lena-lou said...

This is looking nice, I like how you are doing the grass!!
Thanks for visiting my blog its nice to 'meet' you :-)