Sunday, September 17, 2006

Bent Creek Snappers

My stitching has certainly been very haphazard the past few weeks. I guess since I've had so much more stitching time, I find I'm getting bored with my WIPs very quickly and I tend to be switching them from day to day.

One good thing is that I've picked up my very ignored Bent Creek Snappers that I started on January 1st, with the very best intention of course to stitch one per month. So when I picked it up recently, I hadn't even finished May. Stitching rotations just don't seem to work for me! Anyways, I'm almost caught up, finished off August yesterday and did some more work on the border. I'm using a mixture of GAST (which the patterns call for) and good ol' DMC if I don't have the GAST. Its turning out nicely.

And I've decided on my theme for the Guild RR project - Celtic knotwork. I pulled out my old JCS ornie issues (at Isabelle's suggestion) and saw a couple of ornies I had always wanted to do with Celtic knotwork in them. Now I just have to stitch in the top of the fabric, pull some threads and embellishments, and we're off.

My stitching time is going to start being curtailed as I'm back to work part-time tomorrow.

Pam, I didn't design the border as it came with the series as a freebie. However I think it was altered from the original layout of 4 across, 3 down, to fit better with the rhyme, and the lady who changed it, kindly sent me a copy of what she had done.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your BC Snappers, it's a great idea to do them as one piece,I don't think I've seen anyone do that before. Did you create the border?

I can't wait to see how your Guild RR project looks, I think you've come up with a great theme.

I hope things go well for you tomorrow on your first day back to work.

mainely stitching said...

The Celtic knotwork project for your guild sounds really interesting. Can't wait to see some of it. The quarter stitches in most of the knotwork patterns drive me batty, but I do love the overall look!

Annemarie said...

Your Snappers make my fingers itch to pick up my own! It's looking lovely Wendy!

Margaret said...

Your BC Snappers look great. Congrats on catching up.
What a lovely idea to use Celtic knotwork patterns for your ornaments.
Margaret

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

They look wonderful! Makes me want to pull out my patterns and start...
:o)
The theme for your project sounds great...I think I know the ornies your talking about...they are beautiful! Good thinking!

Anonymous said...

Your Bent Creek Snappers looks great. You're more than half way there so you can't stop now.

Nicki said...

They look great! So much nicer all together than separate :)

Karen's Blog said...

Wendy, the Bent Creek Snappers look so great. Well done!!