Thursday, June 14, 2007

Two Finishes


I'm behind getting updates posted on my blog. I actually worked on these this past weekend while at the cottage. Should I mention how wonderful it is to sit by the water's edge and stitch? Silly me, part of me was in the sun and I had a not so nice sunburn to show for it, but how nice it was to get some work done on my 40 ct fabric for a change. I stitched 'F is for Farm' on my Carriage House Samplings Alphabet.

Kelly and Chris are coming for a 10 day visit and are arriving June 27th. So to take advantage of the cheaper shipping costs, I ordered myself a Dazor task lamp with a magnifier and had it sent to Kelly's address. She has already received it - wow US postal service is amazing - 4 days - and she'll bring it with her when she comes since they are driving here. No more complaining from me about not being able to stitch on 40 ct fabrics. And I dare not, with all these Neighbourhood RR's arriving at my door on 36 and 40 ct linens!

And my piece de resistance ~ my finished Z is for Zinnias!

That makes 26......yes, you read correctly, 26 finished Prairie Schooler alphabet blocks! I started these in June 2004 and finished in June 2007! I hate to say it, but I'm actually kind of sad to be finished these.....but I still have to make them into a quilt. Its going to be one enormous quilt!

And yet another meeting yesterday with the Children's Aid. We are now a probationary foster care home and read over our 14 page long report and signed it off. Whew! Work is progressing on Kristy's bedroom. Rick and Jean-Francois have painted - 4 coats of white, to cover what once was blue, and have taped it off for pink stripes to go on next. Yes, she is definitely a pink girl! I'm not too sure how Monte (the snake) feels about stripes though.

28 comments:

Barbara J said...

You're doing great with the CHS Alphabets. And congratulations on finishing all the PS Alphabets! They'll make a wonderful quilt!

Anonymous said...

Your CHS alphabets are looking wonderful! Congratulations on finishing all the PS ones too :)

stitcherw said...

Congratulations on finishing the last PS alphabet block, Zinnia's looks wonderful. Your CH alphabet blocks are coming along nicely too. Blocks B and C are my favorites so far.

Glad to hear things continue to move forward with Kristy. It will be wonderful for you all when everything gets settled and finalized.
Sue

Rebel In Ontario said...

Stitching by the lake is one of my favourite past-times as well! Not that I can do it much with two little ones around but I can dream!

Enjoy your new light!

mainely stitching said...

That's what I'll do next time someone from the US comes to visit - brilliant idea!

Your alphabet looks so good - both of them - you must be so happy! Hope the sunburn has cleared up, though!

Carol said...

Congratulations Wendy! I just adore the Zinnias!!

Cheryl said...

I love that CHS alphabets piece, i think i'll add it to my wishlist soom! Congrats on finishing the PS alphabets

Michelle said...

Your CHS Alphabet is coming along beautifully - good light really does help, doesn't it! Zinnia looks wonderful too, I can't wait to see what you've got planned for the quilt! It sounds great.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I love your alphabets :)
And Your PS blocks are going to make a beautiful quilt!!!

Sue said...

Your WIP's are great. Love the Zinnia block ;)

Kathy said...

Wow I love the Alphabet, its stunning.

Hugs xxxxx

AnnMcD said...

Hi Wendy,
I can hardly wait to see how you will arrange your PS squares into a quilt. With your quilting know-how and skills, I expect it will be stunning!

Anita said...

Very pretty Alphabet pieces. The PS one looks awesome.

Leeland said...

Wow! You've done an amazing job on both alphabets, Wendy!
And I am very happy for you to see that things are on tracks with Kristy.
Take care, and enjoy your week end!
Lili

Annemarie said...

That room is going to look positively Monte Pythonesque!
Congratulations on finishing your 26th letter!!! I'm still only halfway. Well, halfway of 26. The first half. I.e....2
Your CHS alphabet is pretty fabulous too!

Nancy said...

Beautiful stitching Wendy! I love your Z for Zinna, and I can't wait to see the fantastic quilt these will make.

Happy stitching,
Nancy

Julianne said...

Wendy,

Congratulations on finishing the PS alphabet series! What a great accomplishment. I can't wait to see what a wonderful quilt you'll make with all of the squares. Your CHS alphabet is coming along so nicely.

I hope you have a super time with you daughters.

Julianne said...

Wendy,

I know that the letter N was a freebie from CHS. Do you happen to have it and could you possibly e-mail it to me?

Thanks

Julianne
luvstitching@sbcglobal.net

ps I don't have your e-mail address so I couldn't e-mail you about this. Thanks so much- Julianne

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wendy I can't wait to see the quilt you'll turn those PS blocks into!!!!

Deb said...

Wow, Wendy...you're amazing with all you accomplish and all you have on your "plate," as they say. I don't know how you do it. I'm in awe!! Your Zinnia is unbelievable! It's so beautiful...and the PS are darling, too.
Hugs,
Deb

Hazel said...

Congrats on your PS finish! Love the CH ones too. What lovely gifts you have got as well. xx

Carla said...

Lovely finishes!!! I'm sure the quilt with the PS blocks will be so pretty!

msstitch01 said...

Your PS block looks fantastic Wendy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy
thanks a lot for visiting my blog, and thanks for the indications about SBEBB.
I registered and now I'm waiting for the answer.....hope I could join the group soon.
many compliments again for your works , they are beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW... big congratulations on finishing the entire PS alphabet :)

Margaret said...

Great looking alphabets Wendy. I can well imagine that it was hard to say goodbye to a project you have enjoyed working on for so long. These blocks will make a gorgeous quilt.
Kristy must know how very welcome she is in your home - a lovely new room and parents who are completing one report after another.
Have a wonderful week - wish I could join you for some stitching at the lake.

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Sorry to hear about that sunburn ~ those are hard to deal with. Take care. Your alphabet blocks are beautiful.

Pam Seavey Schaffner said...

Your alphabet is awesome ! I AM going to do it the same way, all on one piece. Zinnia is also very striking. Congrats on your finishes.