Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Fair and Square Exchange


My Fair and Square Exchange package arrived from Barbara, and all the way from Malaysia. Look at the wonderful square she stitched for me! Barbara noted my love of Prairie Schooler designs and alphabets and managed to combine both for me in this wonderful square!! I haven't decided yet how to finish these - into a pinkeep, needlebook, or save them up and make them into a small wallhanging. I have finished off my squares for Barbara and will have to get them into the post office so she gets them soon.

Sign-ups for Round #2 are still being accepted if anyone wants to take part. The squares are small - no bigger than 50x50 so not a huge amount of time to do and they do not need to be finished as that will be left up to the receiver. Here is the blog site: Fair and Square if anyone is interested if joining us! There are great pictures of some of the blocks received so far.

I'm still tossing around ideas for a new start and I have been going through my stash looking at what has been languishing ~ so far I have Celtic Banner or Paradigm Lost or an HAED pattern that I bought 2 years ago and got all ready to start on my summer holidays (I can't believe that was really 2 years ago already!). Or may be I should just start all 3 LOL!

Wednesday is finally here and that means Kelly and Chris are on their way here for a 10 day visit! Hubby has booked the next week off work and I have only Thursday and Friday to work and all of next week off! So we will be cottage-bound for 5 days over our Canada Day weekend. I'll won't be around much for the next week or so but I hope to have lots of pictures to show next week! Have a great week all!!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely Fair and Square exchange from Barbara! Enjoy your holiday!

Cheryl said...

Great squares from Barbara! Enjoy your holiday and happy Canada day when it arrives

Hazel said...

Great exchange there. I am tempted but I'd really better not - too much to do before the baby arrives etc etc... xx

mainely stitching said...

That is a LOVELY Fair Exchange square!

Happy Canada Day, and have fun in the cabin. :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful squares! I just finished up mine today and sent them off. =)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I love your squares that Barbara did for you! They are great ;)
Enjoy your time with your kids coming home!

Carla said...

The squares you received from Barbara are lovely! Have a lovely time on your holidays :)

Michelle said...

Beautiful exchange! Enjoy your holiday.

Sue said...

Love what you received from Barbara. I say start all 3, I'm always tempted to do something like that. Have a wonderful holiday ;)

msstitch01 said...

The squares from Barbara look great. Choosing a new piece to stitch can be quiet a decision at times as there are so many great pieces to choose from. I also have Celtic Banner in my stash and keep thinking I must stitch that one day. Enjoy your holiday.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow Wendy beautiful exchange!!!

Margaret said...

The square Barbara stitched for you is lovely.
Have a wonderful visit with your daughter and her husband. How fun that they are there for the Canada Day weekend.
Looking forward to seeing what you choose as your next project.

stitcherw said...

Lovely squares. As to the new project start, I'd go with all three, then you can have a selection to work on depending on what calls to you. Have fun on your vacation,
Sue

Carol said...

What a lovely exchange from Barbara!! Lucky you! I would love to see you work on Paradigm Lost again :-)

lena-lou said...

Lovely exchange from Barbara it is fun to watch this :)
have a nice week Wendy!

Cathy B said...

What a great square from Barbara!

Joanie said...

Lovely exchange!

Pop over to my blog...I've posted your birthday gift to me! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I LOVE IT!

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful exchange piece. Thought I would try a little enabling. Myself, Beatrice, Dani and Christin are going to do Paradigm Lost as an SAL this winter - starting in November. Interested in joining us?

Deb said...

Love your F&S block, Wendy!
Hugs,
Deb