Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A quilt start


Thank you all for your Anniversary well wishes! All your comments were so wonderful and heartwarming to read. Thank you to each and every one of you to take the time to leave such lovely words for us!!!

Before I forget, here is a picture of the flowers hubby brought me for our anniversary. Beautiful aren't they! I only wish cut roses lasted longer, sadly they don't look as spectacular now a few short days later.

Hubby had a guys weekend at the cottage and I stayed home and decided to have a quilting weekend. It was hot, hot, hot on Saturday, much nicer to stay inside with the A/C going, although I did venture out with Carrie to go apartment hunting. She and J-F have decided they need a little more space and its time for them to move on to their own place.



I bought these fabrics at a local fabric shop 1-2 months ago during a 50% off sale. I couldn't resist, the fabric line was called Sunporch and they are so pretty and so soft. And with the sale price, they were $5/metre each. Its time for a quilt for the cottage, so I was busy Saturday and Sunday and got these made up:

So far this is only one type of block, there is one more style that will be interspersed with these ones. I got quite a few made up so far, kind of an assembly line process, with getting most of the cutting done in the beginning and them laying out all your pieces and zipping them through the machine.

This afternoon we have a meeting with Kristy's case worker and her current foster mother and the kinship worker. Don't these people ever get tired of meetings? I know I am......they should all be over with soon!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have been busy! Love that fabric - it will look lovely in a cottage setting.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Your blocks are gorgeous!
I hope your meetings end soon too :)
Sounds like you had a weekend that I'm longing for :)
Hugs,
Vonna

Mary Ann said...

Very beautiful roses!!! And, great progress on the new quilt. Good thoughts and prayers coming your way for the upcoming meetings.

Barbara J said...

That's a lot of quilt blocks. Looking forward to the assembly ;)

stitcherw said...

The roses were gorgeous, as were your quilt squares. Your quilt will be so pretty when it is all done. I hope things finish up soon for you with all the caseworkers and reviewers, it sounds exhausting. You all will be so happy when it is done and Kristy's settled in with you.
Sue

mainely stitching said...

Yes, I can imagine you're fed up with the endless meetings! I hope they'll soon be a thing of the past and you can start your new life together as a new family. :D

Just love those quilt blocks you've done. WOW!!

Sue said...

Oh, you quilt too. How pretty the squares that you're working on ;)

ollie1976 said...

Beautiful roses. The blocks look great!
-Jen

Leeland said...

Wow! You've been busy and efficient! And I sooo love the fabrics you used! You make me feel like giving it a try... I'm tiching!
Hold on, Wendy and family! Kristy will soon be in your/her home.
Hugs!
Lili

Rachel V said...

That is going to be an awesome quilt, Wendy!

Michelle said...

Love the quilt blocks - they are going to be beautiful in a quilt! Such soft cottage-y colors.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the quilt squares look marvelous! Belated congratulations on your anniversary, too!

Kathy said...

Wow the flowers are stunning. My Fav colour too lol.

I just love the fabric you are using for the quilt, they are lovely.

hug xxxxx

Deb said...

Your quilt pieces look great. I love that old "ticking" look. It's going to be soft and beautiful! I hope your meetings go well and are soon past you...
Deb

Anonymous said...

Wow... great quilt blocks; nice soft colors. And happy anniversary (a wee bit late)! That's a cute picture of you two :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow what a productive day! And a belated happy Anniversary!

Heather said...

You got bit by the quilting bug lately too! :D I love your blocks, they are fantastic. Very "homey" comfortable colors. I can't wait to see the top put together.