Friday, June 08, 2007

Garden Exchange from Chris


I opened up my mail box to get a huge bulging package from Chris .

She was my partner for the Garden theme exchange for the SBEBB and she stitched Just Nan's Charm garden and made it into this lovely little pillow. For some reason the camera has decided to turn the linen pinkish, its really a lovely natural linen, and she used the cutest charms that look like garden tools.
.


And look at the lovely goodies she included with the beautiful pillow she made! I neglected to include the beautiful box of note cards that were also included in her package. I felt thoroughly spoiled by her generosity!!!

We're off to the cottage this afternoon, once Nick is home from school, and provided I get through my work.

We have been given an official move-in date for Kristy - June 22! That's the last day of school for the kids and only 2 weeks away. Hubby has been packing up his 'office' in earnest now to clean up the bedroom that we will be giving to Kris. We have to take her out next week to pick out a paint colour. She will be bringing a bed and dresser from her old home and we have a computer and desk for her here. Everything else I guess we'll see what she needs once she has moved in.

Did I mention she has a snake? A 4 foot long python, named Monte. I didn't realize that fostering a snake was part of the deal?!?! Hmmm, as long as he stays in his cage and doesn't take to snacking on small dogs.

21 comments:

Carla said...

lovely exchange! enjoy all the goodies she sent along :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely exchange from Chris!

I don't think I'd be too keen on the snake deal either...

Nancy said...

What a beautiful little pillow, and I love the corner detail. A snake - no way!

Enjoy your day,
Nancy

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

That is one beauty of an exchange :)
Chris does such fabulous, wonderful stitching ;)
Yikes on the snake....you know you have to go buy feeder mice for them...I had a friend once that had one...didn't care for the idea myself, good luck with that one!

Julianne said...

Wendy,

Your exchange from Chris is really lovely. Those little charms that she used are a great addition to the piece.

I hope you have a great weekend at your cottage.

BeckySC said...

I think it's lovely :) Enjoy :)

Barbara J said...

That's a lovely little pillow! And all those charms, really nice.

I've been going through your blog and you have such nice and interesting projects! And quite versatile too! :)

Sue said...

What a beautiful exchange to receive ;)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely exchange!

Congrats on Kristy! I hope the move-in goes smoothly, and that the snake is well-behaved!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous little pillow :) SOme people are just so talented in that area *sigh* I'm afraid I will never be able to compare!

I look forward to hearing more about your adventures with Kristy and the snake :)

Mary Ann said...

Such a lovely exchange that you received! Enjoy!!

mainely stitching said...

Oh what a wonderful exchange!!

Monty won't be any problem - they sleep a lot. ;) I'm a snake lover myself, but my DH said 'no way!' so we stick to the critters with fur or feathers. LOL!

Carol said...

Chris did a great job with the exchange :-)

stitcherw said...

What a gorgeous exchange. I've seen the pattern Charm Garden, but had never seen it done up, it's lovely.

Sounds like everything is moving along with Kristy, I'm glad. Good luck with getting her room all organized, set up, and painted, sounds like you're going to be busy. As to the snake, you may come to like him. They really are neat pets and don't take much work. Is it a Ball Python? My DD has been eyeing one of those for ages. However, with her being up in the air on where she'll be moving, and already having multiple pets, it won't be an option for awhile.
Sue

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Did you have an extra interview to foster a snake, too? LOL! COngratulations!!! June 22 will be here before you know it :)

Katrina said...

what a gorgeous little pillow you received. All the best for Kristy's move in, and if it was me, I'd be running a mile from her snake, lol.

Dani - tkdchick said...

beautiful exchange wendy!!!

Kendra said...

What a cute little pillow!

Monte Python...LOL! Pythons are pretty cool and laidback, especially if they've been handled and are used to people. You'll probably not even really notice a difference in your household once he moves in.

Margaret said...

Your exchange gift from Chris is very pretty Wendy. Love all those little charms.
How wonderful that Kristy will be moving in soon. She's a lucky girl to have you instead of me as her foster mom as there is no way I would have a snake in my house. Oh my, that sounds pretty mean but I just wouldn't survive with one around.

Charlene said...

You are lucky Wendy to have all those lovely exchange.

Amy said...

This is such a pretty exchange :-))

Enjoy your week Wendy and congratulations on your wedding anniversary !