Monday, February 05, 2007

Sampler Gameboard

I have my first house! I started on February 1st for the SAL and of course after the usual frogging episode (the border of all things), I did manage to stitch my first house. What a fun piece this is to work on and I really really hated to put it down. But I also had my next section for Chatelaine's Mystery X come in so I wanted to make a dent in that because this section is HUGE. So if I want to get it finished this month, I'll be working on this quite a bit.

Busy weekend - Friday night I went for dinner with 2 stitching friends and had a wonderful time catching up. Saturday we went to a dear friend's 40th birthday party - wonderful food, including a chocolate fountain (yummm!) and music and billiards. Sunday though I was assigned myself some couch potato time as I had a scratchy throat and stuffed up nose - Nick decided it was time to share his cold with me.

Becky very sweetly invited me to join the SBEBB and I am so eager to start some exchanges. Unfortunately several of the recent ones have just closed sign-ups so I'll have to bid my time and wait for some new ones to open up . I haven' t had a chance yet to post on the board so I'll have to do that. These ladies make the most amazing things and their finishing is superb, I hope I can live up to the fantastic exchanges that they participate in.

Brrr, it is so cold out today even though we are getting snow, the wind chill has us at -30 degrees C. Days like this, I am sure glad that I work at home!

20 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Yay Wendy! I belong to the SBEBB too!! Hope that I can stitch for you sometime :)
You are right there are lovely things on Becky's BB's :)
You started your gameboard! WOW!
And the Chateline...you go girl!
:)
Changed your blog again...I like it :)

Annemarie said...

Excuse me, HOW cold did you say it was?? Surely nobody goes out to work on days like these?
Anyway, I love your Gameboard already! But I'm also curious as to your progress on the Chatelaine mystery...

Kitty Couture said...

That is looking so lovely Wendy :)
Glad you are now part of the SBEBB! :)

Kendra said...

I'm looking forward to your next installment of the Chatelaine mystery!

:-)

Anonymous said...

Nice start on your Gameboard Wendy!

Anonymous said...

It's looking gorgeous :)

Anonymous said...

Your Gameboard is off to a great start. What fabric are you doing it on?

Carla said...

I've seen this sampler in several blog and I think is gorgeous

I'll be following your progress :)

mainely stitching said...

The SBEBB rocks! I love it! It'll be great to see you over there, too!!

BeckySC said...

Hi Wendy :) Looking forward to having you aboard :)

Gameboard is looking good :) Come over to the FGBB and join the DT SAL over there :)

hugs :)

Anne S said...

You're off to a great start with the Gameboard - nice to see a different fabric choice too :) Can't wait to see your progress on the Chatelaine ... so far the colours I've seen on other blogs looks right up my alley ;) You'll have a lot of fun in the SBEBB too - can't wait to see what exchanges you come up with! :D

Carol said...

Beautiful Wendy! You will be stitching a lot of houses this year now, won't you? LOL

Susimac said...

Your gameboard is lovely Wendy - Glad that you have joined SBEBB its a wonderful board.

Karen said...

Nice start on your gameboard! Can't wait to see your Chatelaine. :)

Margaret said...

Love the start of your gameboard!! This looks like a real fun project.
Margaret

Unknown said...

Great start on the gameboard! I'm a bit slow on starting mine. Congrats on the SBEBB!

Anonymous said...

Nice progress on your gameboard! And here I sit with my one little house done LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy,

It will be great to have you join us on the SBEBB. Your stitching and finishing will more than "live up" to the standard.

Great start on your Drawn Thread Gameboard. I'm sorry ole Mr. Frog got you. I just dealt with him the other day!

Katrina said...

Hi Wendy, hope you're feeling better now :) Your Sampler board is off to a good start. I just pulled this out of my stash over the weekend to see what I needed and will be ordering some fabric for it soon.

Have fun on the SBEBB, its a great place to meet new stitching friends :)

Anonymous said...

Dear wendy
very compliment for your creations! they are great.
just a curiosity, what is SBEBB?

Michela