Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

...and we have lots of snow but to Nick's disappointment, no Snow Day has been called for the schools. We have about 15 cm and another 10 cm is called for during the day. But from all the weather forecasts, it looks like we got off pretty good. And if this is the worst winter storm we get, its great! Of course I say that because I don't have to get out this morning and try to get into work!!

I scanned the Valentine's card that Carrie made for me and left on my desk this morning. Isn't she so sweet? And hubby left a card for me also. Presents to come later.... :-D
And here is an update on my Sampler Gameboard. This one is going along great, its fun and easy to pick up and throw in a few stitches here and there. Those little houses can get done so quickly. I'm doing this on Willow Green 32 ct linen, something I've had in my stash for a while and I liked how the floss colours popped off the fabric when I tried them.


Meanwhile, I've been sewing on my Row Houses quilt and I'm so happy to say my houses are finished. I've been sewing them together, into rows, and next I need to tackle the border.

I hope to get outside for a bit of shovelling. I don't do a lot, the driveway is too big for me, but I love getting out after a fresh snowfall....before the doggies have been out there and the salt trucks have been through!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gameboard is looking great. Happy Valentine's Day.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh, your gameboard is looking fabulous Wendy!

We're snowed in at home....so I've been getting lots stithced myself too...I'm going to update later on today :)

Happy Valentines Day! Stay warm!!

Anonymous said...

Your Gameboard's looking lovely Wendy :)

BeckySC said...

Gameboard is looking great, Wnedy :)

mainely stitching said...

Snow! I'm so jealous!

Your gameboard is looking great!

Anonymous said...

Oooh your gameboard is looking great! Happy Valentines Day :)

Unknown said...

Your gameboard looks great! I hope to start mine this week :)

Mary Ann said...

Your Gameboard is looking fantastic, and you are right the colors just pop on the fabric! I sure wish you could send some snow down this way--I would love to have a snow day!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Sharon said...

Wendy, your gameboard is coming along so well. Its so pretty. happy Valentines day to you too. We are getting loads of snow here, I think we will be snowed in tomorrow too.

Sharon
http://SharonStitches.blogspot.com

Katrina said...

what a sweet card from your daughter :) Look forward to seeing more of your Gameboard as it progresses.

Lelia said...

nice progress on your game board. I have not had mine out for a week or so!