Monday, February 19, 2007

And even more houses....


I finished and I'm happy dancing! Here is my quilt called Row Houses. I didn't get a picture of the entire quilt top and I just realized I didn't get any pictures of the border either but ..... its done and whew I am so relieved. I started this quilt on January 1st, 2006, and it was put away for a good portion of last year. As much as I enjoyed it, the entire thing is made up of log cabin blocks, 1" strips of fabric, and they start to get very very tedious after the first few. Each house is made up of 8 log cabin blocks, there are 20 full houses and 8 1/2 houses, which means....192 blocks! The border looks more like a sidewalk with colour chips surrounded by a border, and it took 92 of those to go around the edge.

I do have the backing fabric but I think I'm going to sit back for a while before I get around to quilting this one.

And this house theme I have going these days ....Sampler Gameboard, Houses of Hawk Run Hollow, and two neighbourhood round robins....I wonder what that means?

24 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow Mom!! Thats a beautiful quilt!!
You did an amazing job!

Kitty Couture said...

That is absolutely stunning, Wendy. What a stupendous work! I love your houses. Kelly is right - you did an amazing job!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Wendy! You did a wonderful job of this.

Nicole said...

Wow, Wendy that's beautiful! It's so unique... I've never seen a quilt like that! Congrats on a great finish!

Christine S said...

That is very cool!! Congrats on your finish!

Michelle said...

I just love this quilt! Please do show us the border...I'd love to see it. Congrats on having the piecing finished!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous. What a great job you did.

Pam @ Heart2Heart said...

What a neat quilt! I love how that turned out Wendy. I've been to chicken to try quilting so far, but love the end products. As for your house question, I think house themes are a hot item right now, I know they have been for me and seems like others as well.

BeckySC said...

Congratulations Wendy! It's awesome! :)

mainely stitching said...

My jaw has hit my knees. Wow. And wow some more. And one more wow .

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh, that is simply stupendous! I like all of your house projects :)
Really great job Wendy!

Carol said...

What a fantastic quilt! Yes, you certainly do have a house theme going :-)

Barb said...

That is a beautiful quilt!

Carolyn said...

What a great quilt....I love the colors....

Karen said...

It's gorgeous Wendy! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I can imagine all the hard work going into that. It looks awesome, Wendy!! And I agree with Michelle... more piccies, please... :o)

Lelia said...

Maybe you just enjoy houses!! This is beautiful : )

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's a beauty.

Katrina said...

wow Wendy, its wonderful, such great colours :)well done on your finish, they are alot of work but so worth it in the end.

Von said...

Row Houses is a marvelous project! I can see how you'd get tired of stitching all those rows of fabric, but the result is very much worth it. :D

Mary Kathryn said...

It is wonderful Wendy! I did a similar small piece and I just can't imagine the work that yours required - it was worth it though, it is beautiful!!

:0)

CJ in OK ;-) said...

The colors are beautiful and the design is great too. Congrats on this big finish.

Melissa said...

Your quilt is gorgeous!

Leeland said...

What a lovely quilt! It's a wonder! I'm not into patchwork -yet- but I've heard many patchworkers say that the worse part was quilting actually... Do you agree with this?