Thursday, February 01, 2007

Framed!

Finally! Long long (and boring) story but I finally got my framed pieces back! I'm sure you could all hear me breathing with a huge sigh of relief. Hubby even hung them for me already! The first one is Carrie's Attitude piece which was her university graduation gift. We hung it in the living room since really its the safest place to keep it for now until she and JF have their own place again. Although it doesn't show in the picture, we used a dark green suede mat for this, oooh, I love suede mats!

Then is the Bent Creek Snapper series:

And finally my Blackbird piece called When This You See:
Sorry for the slightly crooked pictures (hubby took them!).

Today starts a new SAL over here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Sampler_Gameboard/

Monique mentioned this in her blog and I was enticed to join in. I was thinking of buying the Drawn Thread Sampler Gameboard after seeing tidbits of it posted here and there on several blogs, and when I pulled out some charts last week, imagine what I found! I hate to admit it but I forgot that I already had it!! I even had floss already bought to go with it.

Well I guess forgetting that I had this chart, along with my current use of the magnifier, is definitely telling me something! Yes, yes, it must be the long winter months, not enough daylight hours or sunshine, the need for Vitamin D. It really has nothing at all whatsoever to do with my age, right?

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh! They're all gorgeous, but I especially like the frame you chose for the Blackbird Designs piece - it's perfect!

Heather said...

I love getting everything framed and displayed, they all look very beautiful! That’s funny you found you had the chart and threads for the gameboard already :D At least you didn’t go off and buy it again, and then where would you be?!

Alberta said...

Wendy, I had to enlarge your photo of Carrie's piece just so I could take in all that gorgeous needlework! You have gifted her with a masterpiece!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Ohhhh....I LOVE all the framed pieces!!! All of them are just beautiful...I can't tell which one is my favorite...the BC snappers are just gorgeous...Hurray for you!

Funny about the GB sampler...I've done that before...shhh! don't tell my husband! LOL!
:)

BeckySC said...

Oh MY!!! They are all gorgeous! WOW!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what beuatiful pieces you got back from the framer.

Anonymous said...

*gasp* That Blackbird piece is stunning! BTW, I like how you blamed DH for crooked pics LOL

Kendra said...

Great looking framed pieces! I really like the snapper one...I'm a sucker for 4-seasons and 12-month designs.

Carol said...

Congratulations - they are all beautiful! Doesn't it feel great to have new needlework to hang on your walls?

mainely stitching said...

Beautiful framed projects!

And you SO crack me up with your story of having the DT gameboard and the threads already in your stash!!

Mary Ann said...

Oh, WOW!! All 3 are beautiful finishes!!! I could not pick a favorite.

Mylene said...

WOW! They all look great, Wendy.

Anonymous said...

Wendy, all these pieces are wonderful

your WTYS is gorgeous !

Anita said...

Wow, they are so beautiful. Congrats. I love stoney creek piece and I know how much time and patience you must have stitching that piece.

Unknown said...

Beautiful framing!

Susimac said...

WTYS Looks wonderful in your frame choice.

Su

Kathy said...

Oh wow all your framed pieces are stunning. Oooo I am tempted to join this SAL it looks fab, but at this time I cannot I have enough already lol.

Hugs xxxxx

Cindy said...

Congratulations on all of your framed pieces...they are wonderful!

More than once, I have *forgotten* that I owned a chart. I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Sharon said...

Wendy, how beautiful they all are. Each one is as pretty as the next one. You do such beautiful work. They must look so fabulous in your home.

hugs, Sharon

http://SharonStitches.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Your framed pieces are absolutely stunning! Good luck with your gameboard. I love that design. :)

Anonymous said...

Superbe travail!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Wonderful framing on all the projects. I have tempted by the DT gameboard too but I am trying to resist. But if it suddenly appears in my stash I will be joining you.

The Silver Thistle said...

Wow! These are some great finishes! I love the gameboard and can't wait to see how that develops.

Those old needlework mags are fab too! I love all that vintage stuff.........maybe it's because I'm vintage myself, lol.!

Rachel V said...

Hi Wendy, I agree with Karen, the frame for the BD piece is absolutely stunning! I wouldn't have chosen silver off the bat but it's PERFECT! All your latest projects are awesome. I've enjoyed catching up on your blog tonight.