Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Stitching Update

Its been almost a week since I've updated and I don't know where the time has gone! Its time for some long overdue stitching updates and since the camera isn't cooperating with me today, its scanner time:

Here is my Paradigm Lost start from November 1st, not much to see but its a beginning :-D
Paradigm Lost by Long Dog Samplers, on 40 count tea-dyed linen, using Gloriana silks

Here is a link to the SAL to see all the other lovely starts on PL and Cirque-des-Cercles: Snowbirds SAL. Its not too late to join us if you want to get in on the fun!

My JBW Stocking is moving right along, what a nice little design this has been to work on.

JBW Stocking, on 28 ct Graziano white/celery linen, using DMC


And finally I started Nicole's Neighbourhood RR. I'm using an Elizabeth's Design cottage and I'll fill up the space with some other trees and flowers. So far, so good, I think. I love how the little sheep came out, I'm thinking about adding another one....


I've had 2 sickie kids, Nick's asthma is kicking up and Kristy had a very bad stomach. Something tells me working at McDonald's has its downside - eating too much food there, combined with Hallowe'en treats! Of course a 16 year old will never admit to that!!

24 comments:

Glenna said...

The sheep is so cute, and I love the specialty stitches on the tree! LOL--you don't have to be 16 to get a stomach ache from combining too much Halloween candy with unwise dinner choices!

Annemarie said...

Great start, and lovely progress, Wendy! I hope your kids start to feel better soon! Mine's poorly too. Autumn is great, but not when your lungs don't agree.

Kitty Couture said...

Lovely stitching, Wendy! Hope your kids get better soon.

mainely stitching said...

Oh, to have the nearly indestructible digestion of a 16 year old again! If the McD's and candy combo got to her, I can only imagine it would've put me in the hospital. LOL!

Lovely stitching progress, and that wee sheep is a dear!!

Unknown said...

The house looks great, I love Elizabeth's designs :)

I also love your stocking, the gingham pieces are some of my favorites.

Sorry your kids are not well.

Leeland said...

Love all the stitching there, with a special mention for JBW as I'm a fan...
I hope the kids are better, now?
Take care!
Lili

Ele said...

Hi Wendy,
your new cross-stitch projects are wonderful, espceially I like the Christmas stocking of JWB.
Do you know, where I can buy the pattern of it?
Greetings from Gabriele

Sherry said...

I hope your kiddos feel better soon! The RR is looking wonderful and the stocking will be beautiful!

Kelly said...

Your stitching looks great! Send Nick & Kristy my love!

Carla said...

You've been doing lots of stitching!!
Great start on PL and your stocking and rr block are both lloking great!!!

Cheryl said...

Ive been admiring your JBW stocking since you first started it and i couldn't resist any longer...i ordered it just now!!
Going to work on CdC tonight for the SAL :)

Hazel said...

Oooh some lovely progress pics here!! xx

Von said...

I love your addition to Nicole's NRR! Elizabeth's Designs are always so delightful. :D

Elizabeth Braun said...

I'm never sure if it's the camera that doesn't co-operate with me, or whether I'm just hopeless with it!!!! Can never get evenweave fabrics to stop looking 'liney'.=(

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wendy, each of your wips look just wonderful!

Lelia said...

Take care of your sick children. That doesn't sound like any fun.

Beautiful stitching!!!

Yeah, where does a week go??? I've been asking myself that question for years ....

Carol said...

Ooooo, Paradigm Lost! I cannot wait to watch this grow! Your stocking is gorgeous, and I love your start to Nicole's RR too!

Anonymous said...

Oh, lovely lovely lovely! It looks like the stocking is almost finished.

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Great updates. I love the JBW stocking in the greens. Your cottage on the RR is perfect. Hope the kids are better. No matter how old they still need Mom to watch over them.

Beatrice said...

All Your WIP'S are looking great!
I hope your kids are feeling better.
Yup candy and McDonalds don't go together real well!!

Rachel V said...

Wow, Wendy, so many beautiful projects you have been working on this month! I am still overwhelmed by my beautiful little "Blessed Be" giftie! I hope I can get a nice picture up soon, but feel free to share yours if you took one. :)

LOVE that table runner and your tea-dyed linen is fabulous!

Jane said...

Sorry the kids are sick. That can really make time go by without knowing where it has gone. I hope they feel better soon. Your stitching progress is great. The RR is really coming along!

Lynn said...

Love that stocking! This just got added to my wishlist.
Your start on the RR is great. Elizabeth's designs are so fun. I think the sheep looks cute too!
Hope your kids are all feeling well soon.

Michelle said...

That stocking is so cute! What a great piece!