Monday, November 12, 2007

Pretty Scissor Pocket

I've been a bad blogger and not updating as much as I should....the days seem to be flying by right now. Kristy's stomach bug got passed on to me last week but luckily it didn't last too long. Nick's asthma warranted a middle of the night trip to the hospital for more treatment but he is much recovered now. Kids do get over things so much faster then us olde folke!

We had a birthday lunch for my sister's 60th birthday on Saturday, it was just a girlie thing, mothers and daughters, and so much fun. There were 12 of us, sisters, nieces and cousins , hosted by my other sister . I recently was able to entice my quilting sister Karen over into the wonderful world of cross stitching so I thought it was time for her to have a lovely pair of snips to go with this fabulous new hobby (or, obsession LOL) . So I picked up a pair of pretty scissors and made this scissor pocket and scissor fob to hold them. This is from a Lori Birmingham kit.
Back view:Rachel (Willing Hands) let me know that she received my PIF for her. This was a fun little freebie put out by Plum Street Samplers and she said she was very happy with it. Hope your week starts out great!

23 comments:

Carla said...

Lovely finishes!!! Your sister must be very happy with her new scissor pocket and fob :)
I like the way you finished Blessed Be!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty fob and pocket!

Unknown said...

What a pretty little scissor fob and pocket. Cute PIF too. :)

Hazel said...

What a beautiful LB design and I love your PIF too. xx

Anita said...

Wow... those pieces are so pretty. I love the Lori piece and I have it in my to do pile.... your lucky sister. The PIF gift is very pretty as.

Unknown said...

That is exquisite Wendy! Love the style and colour. VEry pretty indeed!

Christine S said...

I love the scissor pocket and fob!! Great PIF, too.

Michele said...

love the fob and scissor keeper .. lovely just lovely!!!!

Von said...

Oh, your sister must be thrilled with her new scissors, pocket, and fob! They're all beautiful, Wendy. :D

Lynn said...

It's always fun to convert someone else to our obsession isn't it?
That's a beautiful gift you've made for your sister. Such a pretty pocket!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wendy, that scissor pocket and fob are to die for!

Sherry said...

What a great scissor pocket and I love the PIF gift!

Annemarie said...

Wendy, you talented girl! These gifts are all lovely. If this doesn't persuade your sister to replace her quilting needles with stitching needles, I don't know what will!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh my I gasped when I saw the lovely needle pocket and fob! Beautiful...I'm sure your sister loved it!
And Rachel's PIF...well that is just stunning as well!
Congrats to jobs well done!

Alberta said...

Wendy, the scissor pocket looks so delicate! Love your stitching! Lucky sister!

Kathy said...

Lovely finishes, I love the little fob Wendy.

Hugsxxxx

mainely stitching said...

The birthday celebration sounds so fun!!!

And the stitching is gorgeous. What a talented family!

glamlawlib said...

The gifts for your sister are so pretty, she's a lucky girl!

Spooky we should both be doing Plum Pudding freebies! :)

Ele said...

Oh, Wendy, this bag is great!
I know this pattern and I stitched it too, for a long time.
I like it very much.
Many greetings from Gabriele

tintocktap said...

Your Lorri Birmingham pocket and fob are absolutely beautiful!

Beatrice said...

I love the scissor pocket What a lovely gift for your sisters birthday. Nice that you could talk her into cross stitching as well!
The squares are pretty too!

lena-lou said...

Fantastic gifts you have stitched I bet your sister just LOVES the scissor pocket and fob. Becky made that as a surprise for me and it is so detailed and pretty IRL :-))) Great PIF as well !

alda said...

Lovely things you are doing.