Wednesday, November 14, 2007

RR's, F&S's, and stash


I finished my section on Nicole's Round Robin! Another one is ready to put in the mail and send off to Carissa. I'm really happy with the way my section turned out. I used patterns from two different designs from Elizabeth's Garden and I managed to squeeze a couple more sheep in there because I thought they looked so cute! Here is a scan of most of Nicole's RR, not the entire piece, it didn't all fit in my scanner, so the last section with Leslie's house I had to leave off.
And yesterday's mail brought Ulla's squares for me from the Fair and Square exchange, all the way from Sweden. Look how sweet they are, hmm, she doesn't mention but looks like a Prairie Schooler house to me?!?
And here are the squares that I stitched for her (I remembered to take a picture this time around). She commented that she liked redwork and quaker designs so I chose this for her, which is actually part of one of The Workbasket tree freebies. I thought the red and white were a good choice, since they were the colours of the Canadian flag, which is a coincidence, since Ulla stitched the Swedish flag on her block.


And one more picture, bear with me! I got some long awaited stash in the mail yesterday, my birthday stash which only took 6 weeks to get here! Well we can all guess where I ordered from :-D

And for some reason this one particular design has absolutely caught my attention. Its called 'Of Female Arts' by The Primitive Needle. I'm in love with it and its just one of those that I'm dying to start.

Of course there are only like 9 or so Christmas things I really really want to do in the meanwhile....but I just really have to do this too. If only I didn't have to work for a living! And the kids didn't have to eat!! Meanwhile I'm envisioning fabric choices and floss choices....and getting myself started to work.....

19 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

OH, my Wendy...those squares both given and received are just gorgeous! I love Ulla's Christmasy ones...LOVELY!
And I love your Quakerish ones...in such a pretty shade of red! SUPER!!!
Love the stash too...it's always a treat to take a trip to your blog!

Lynn said...

Yeah, that working for a living is a real drag sometimes! I'm off this week and I just hate the thoughts of going back on Saturday.
Your squares are lovely, the ones given and received.
Your new Quaker pattern looks interesting. I can see why you want to get started on it now.

staci said...

Beautiful stitching on the RR. And fantastic fair and squares!!! And those are PS, I have that chart in my stash :)

Unknown said...

wow your house looks amazing, these RR's are really starting to come together as they fill in more!

I love both the blocks for the fair and square!

Jane said...

Great job on the RR! I love the blocks for Fair and Square too!

Anonymous said...

I love all your stitching! The squares are beautiful and I think those neighbourhood round robins are just a fantastic idea.

Great new stash. I really don't know which ONS you used lol.

mainely stitching said...

Oh what delicious eye candy!

stitcherw said...

You've been busy since my last visit, what a lot of wonderful pictures and projects. They all look beautiful. The scissor pocket/fob set is lovely, and should come in very handy. The squares, given and received, are beautiful. I love the house you did for the RR too. Elizabeth Designs are so pretty, and I do like her sheep. I've done a couple of her houses, as well as her sheep sampler which was a lot of fun.
Sue

Beatrice said...

Very pretty RR Wendy!

Sherry said...

I love the one by Primitive Arts and have thought about getting it to do in 2008 also!

Anonymous said...

Waouh ! It's a a very beautiful project. Great job !

Anonymous said...

Great job, these houses are so cute.

Michelle said...

Wow! Lots of beautiful stitching. I love the RR block you stitched, and both set of Fair & Square blocks are beautiful!

lena-lou said...

Great feast for our eyes on your blog again, wonderful stitching you have done and I think Ulla's F&S to you is lovely too. Great choice with that primitive quaker design, I'll enjoy seeing it grow as you stitch it :-))
Have a nice upcoming weekend !

samplerlover said...

The RR is looking amazing. I love your block with the sheep in it. You can never have enough sheep.
Love the squares that you have received and given. Your Quaker one is beautiful.
I can see why you love the Primitive Arts Sampler. Its beautiful. By the way Happy Birthday for whenever it is. It's mine on Tuesday. I'm starting to feel quite old. - take care - Sandra.

Glenna said...

I love the block you did for Nicole's RR--and the sheep really are cute. And it's all so pretty and compelling to just sit for 6 or 8 hours a day and do just stitching and blogging and blog-reading, I know! What a drag to have to work, and the cooking-cleaning-eating thing too! I think I could live on diet coke, leftover miniature candy bars and stitching, but everyone else seems to object to that in my life!

Michele said...

I love your house square for the RR .. those sheep are sooo cute!

and the F&S squares are wonderful!

Von said...

Awesome rr square, Wendy!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wendy that RR is turning out just lovely!

Also the F&S's sent and received are beautiful!