Tuesday, August 26, 2008

WIP update

Thank you for all the kind comments on my Blackbird Designs finish! I haven't decided how to finish this one yet, framed or wallhanging or even pillow?

Here is a WIP update ~ the 2008 Prairie Schooler Christmas kit. Its working up quickly and I love using the variegated Crescent Colours with this.
And last night I picked up Deb's (Lavender Rose Ramblings) Neighbourhood RR. She sent along the charts she wanted us to use and all the flossies - silks, GAST and DMC! I picked out the chart I wanted to use, one of the Morbid Pithies from The Workbasket and got a start on it. Once I get this done, I'll decide which figure to put in 'Heaven' and my tombstone for the cemetery! Its quite a detailed RR!

My arms have been getting a work-out at night time which is when I do my reading - in bed! I have almost finished reading World Without End by Ken Follett, the sequel to Pillars of the Earth.
What a great book, it is as good as Pillars, and one of those books that you hate to see end. The characters are amazing and following their life in the shadow of this cathedral has been so interesting. But while I hate to see it end, the next time I pick up a 1000+ page book, its going to be a softcover!

I will get a WIP pic of Deb's RR as soon as I make a little more headway with it!

13 comments:

Yuko said...

Hi Wendy~!
Oh you are so fast working on PS santa!!
He is such a lovely santa, I love it!
As seeing your santa, I feel like starting to stitch my 2005 santa!!
I hope I can work on him this year!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Great progress on your Santa. I really like this year's piece.

Anonymous said...

What a great start to the PS Santa!

Annemarie said...

Wonderful progress on Santa!
I thought Pillars was a fantastic book, so this afternoon, when I found myself in the local bookshop and I saw this new one by Follett, I was really tempted. But where to find time to read?

Erica said...

Love the PS Santa - he looks wonderful.

I loved Pillars of the Earth and World Without End as well - I'm trying to convince my book club to read one of them, but they are long! Worth every turn of the page though....

Sonda said...

The Santa looks great so far. You are really clicking along.

Marion said...

Such a great Santa! I love coming over here and seeing all your wonderful stitching!!!
And sorry, I think I'd miss Emma's Garden...LOL....pop on over, I got my Mirabilia framed at last!
I feel major accomplishment this past week.

Kathy A. said...

What a lovely Santa he is! Deb's NRR sounds like such fun. We are sure going to miss you at the stitch in this weekend. You sure you can't make it?

Sherry said...

The PS design looks super!

Michele said...

love your PS santa! Can't wait to see him finished :)

Georgie said...

I have Pillars, but haven't picked it up yet....The RR is looking great

Sharon said...

This is beautiful, it looks even better when you see it stitched.

Michelle said...

Your PS WIP is looking beautiful! So pretty! I've got Pillars of the Earth waiting for me when I get through a couple of other things....can't wait!