Friday, August 01, 2008

Holidays!

We're just starting....as of today, I am officially on vacation for the next 2 weeks. Ahhhh, that blissful sensation of having absolutely nothing to do, I can't wait! We're leaving for the cottage tomorrow and yes, I still have a lot to do. Am I organized? Not on your life but the important things are already taken care of - my stitching. That bag was packed last night with lovely fabrics chosen and edges sewn over, with various little charts and threads all packaged up and ready for whatever delightful piece takes my fancy. There are absolutely no stitching rules allowed when I'm on holiday, just pick up a piece and stitch, for however long and for absolutely no reason other than for the sheer joy of stitching. I'm sure any neighbours who happen to see me during my vacation must think I'm absolutely nuts, I'm never without a needle in my hand, or cool refreshing drink either. Good thing I have 2 hands.

I have been stitching up a storm since I finished Love with a Capital L (which by the way is enjoying being stretched and pulled at the framers) and I picked up my Houses of Hawk Run Hollow. It wasn't hard to decide which one of my BAP's to return to, this one fairly jumped into my lap wanting some attention. I really think I should just focus my attention one BAP at a time if I ever want to finish one in the next decade. And here is a pic of the lovely H's, with House #4 finished and even a nice start made on House #8. Unfortunately H's isn't vacationing with me, if would entail dragging my glorious but majorly overweight magnifier, and since most of my stitching is done under a tree at the water's edge, that would mean extension cords, etc., and I really don't want the neighbours to question my sanity too seriously. And for some reason I really don't like extension cords next to water.


Before I blog off for 2 weeks, I'll leave you with some delightful pics of what my hubby has been doing in our backyard. Here is a before he started:
And here is a pic once he was finished with his saw and sledgehammer:
There's nothing like a good demolition project to put fire in a man's bones! Well, personally I don't understand the thrill of ripping stuff apart but nothing charges hubby up more than this. I just wish he was as thrilled with the re-building aspect. Meanwhile we have a lovely dirt mess for the doggies to enjoy chasing each other about. Of course they are awfully good about wiping their dirty paws on rugs and furniture once they come back in the house for a drink. I think I will be calling the landscapers when we get home....

Have a great 2 weeks!

30 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

Yes, what is it about the demo that gets them excited? I've often wondered the same thing! Great job on your houses...it's coming along nicely!

Anonymous said...

Houses is looking great! Enjoy your vacation, Wendy!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Your houses are coming along nicely. Have a great holiday:)

Nancy said...

Your Hawk Run Hollow is looking gorgeous! And, your Sunflower House too! You must enjoy a SAL with Yuko - she is such a sweet lady.

Stephanie said...

Hurrah hurrah - holidays! Have a wonderful time Wendy - look forward to seeing what you get up to on your return.

Alberta said...

Happy Holidays Wendy! Do you think there is any chance the landscaping fairies will do their magic while you are away?

glamlawlib said...

Have a lovely holiday Wendy! hope you get in lots of stitching, Houses looks great :)

Beatrice said...

Have a wonderful holiday.
Will we see you at Ann's Aug 16th. I hope so.

take care.
Beatrice

Anonymous said...

A stitchy project and a cool drink... sounds like bliss. Have a wonderful time, Weny!!!

Michele said...

have a great vacation! I love your vacation stitching rules :)

Katrina said...

Wow your DH has been busy :-). Have a fun vacation. When we are taking a trip I pack my stitching bag first too.

Your HoHRH is gorgeous.

Sherry said...

Have a wonderful vacation and enjoy your stitching!

PS my blog is having tech problems and hope to be back up soon.

Julianne said...

Wendy,

Have a great vacation! I'm looking forward to seeing all the stitching that you do.

Stay safe and have fun!

Sue said...

Oh, I am so jealous. Can I go on holiday with you?

Jeanne said...

I hope you have a great vacation Wendy - stitching and a cool drink sounds lovely! Someday I really want to do HoHRH but who knows - when I finish up my current BAP's maybe. :) I have tagged you with a KreativBlog award - details on my blog! Take care.

Georgie said...

Your holiday sounds wonderful! Wish I could be there. I love your idea of stitching whatever takes your fancy

samplerlover said...

Hi Wendy, love your HRH. It is looking lovely. I have both HRH and VHHR, but as yet !!!!
I'm waiting for my DH to do our bathroom. He buys all the tiles etc. but as yet !!!! LOL.
Have a lovely vacation, and I hope you get a lot of stitching done = Sandra.

staci said...

Have a great vacation Wendy! Look forward to seeing your stitching when you get back :)

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful vacation!

stitcherw said...

Have a wonderful time, and I'll look forward to seeing your stitching updates when you get back.
Sue

Carol said...

Lucky you! Enjoy your holidays :-) HOHRH looks fantastic!

Pumpkin said...

Glad to see you're back to your houses again :o) This is such a nice project and I don't blame you for not taking it with you on vacation. I'd be so afraid of getting it dirty or better yet, lost :oS Have a great time!

Lynn said...

My DH gets all fired up when he's working on home projects but sometimes his ideas scare me, lol!
Have a super vacation Wendy! I'll say a little prayer for good weather at the cottage although either way I'm sure you'll still be stitching. Enjoy!

Carol R said...

Have a great trip Wendy!

Kathy said...

Houses look fantastic Wendy. I love Love with a Capital L, I have this in my to do pile, I will get around to it one day.

Hugs xxxxx

Hazel said...

Houses are looking fantastic. Have a great vacation. xx

Karin said...

Have a great vacation!

Dani - tkdchick said...

See you at Ann's on Satrurday!

Erica said...

Good luck with the backyard project - it's a big job but it'll be worth it.

Your HOHRH looks great.

Hope you had a fantastic holiday!

BTW, you have been nominated for the Brillante Weblog Award:) Please see my blog! (my apologies if it's a repeat for you!)

Cathy B said...

Wendy, I hope you are enjoying a wonderful vacation. You made me laugh though! My stitching is always well thought out and packed in advance. My clothing and other things - get thrown in the suitcase at the last minute! Glad I'm not alone!