Friday, August 29, 2008

Deb's RR

I finished my house section on Deb's RR last night and got started on my tombstone. I can't quite decide what gruesome saying to stitch on it...hopefully some inspiration will come to me. Unfortunately the colours in my section don't show up too well on this beautiful fabric. Then I have to put my little X-S figure in 'Heaven' and I'm done! Early this time too!!

Its the Labour Day holiday weekend, the last big hurrah of summer and we have some great weather forecasted. We are off to enjoy the last bit of summer weather at the cottage. Which means I better get my stitching bag packed like now!

And Tuesday morning, the kids are back to school. That always means a special dance about the house once they leave! I don't even want to tell you how much $$ I have spent on clothes in the past week. No new stash for quite a while .....

15 comments:

Erica said...

I like your RR contribution. :-)

I'll be doing the happy dance right next to you on Tuesday! And I can commiserate on the clothes thing - my DS#1 seems to have outgrown *everything* from head to toe.... Never mind the school supplies! *bleah*

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh my....clothing and supplies for school always is expensive...and you have teenagers....so that's worse on the clothing bill!
Your work on the RR is inspiring!

Marion said...

School starts here on Wednesday. I hear ya with the little dance! LOL

Great stitching!! Love that RR!
Have a great weekend...at least YOU are supposed to get nice weather....LOL

Marion

Sherry said...

The RR is great! Very ghoulish and creepy with tombstones! I am so glad I don't have to buy all the school clothes and supplies anymore!

Annemarie said...

I love Deb's RR and your addition to it. As for the Froggy End Cemetery: are you required to fill in a date or a saying? In case of a saying: Google :o)
Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Sharon said...

It looks great!

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoyed your weekend! Have a lovely day today without the kids :)

Beatrice said...

The RR is so neat...I love Halloween stitching.
Happy Dances....school days!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Ohh your part of Deb's RR looks fantastic!

samplerlover said...

Hi Wendy, love the RR. I just thought of a sentence that Spike Milligan wanted on his tomb stone. - "I told you I was ill". I think that it is actually on his tomb stone.
My son is halfway through his year at school. I informed me yesterday that the school holidays are coming again in a few weeks. OMG LOL.
Hope you have a lovely Labour Day weekend. - Sandra.

Rachel V said...

Hi Wendy, As one who still lets her mommy buy her clothes from time to time, I am sure your kiddos are grateful!

Your RR looks great.

Julianne said...

Hi Wendy,

I hear you about the money spent on clothing. I hope some of it was for you.

Have a lovely weekend.

Michelle said...

Love your addition to Deb's RR!!

Sherry said...

Your RR contribution looks super!

Deb said...

Thanks so much, Wendy!!! I love your house on my RR! And, the color of your tombie. Anything is fine for the tombie...even a stone face! Hugs, and thanks again, Your friend, Deb