Sunday, February 17, 2008

Quilting...and a mail surprise


Sewing...that's about all this drab weather is making me want to do these days. So I dug into some 5" charm packs that I bought a while ago and decided to make a lap sized quilt for our cottage. I only had 2 packs of 32 pieces each, so I needed to add a little onto each charm piece or this lap quilt would be baby-sized!




Its amazing really how fast this has gone together, I think having all those charm pieces pre-cut makes a big difference. I have the entire thing put together, I made a 7 x 10 sized quilt, as I dug into my stash and found a few more brushed cottons that fit in very nicely so I could make this a wee bit bigger.

On the stitching front, I have been working on my Fair & Square blocks so can't show those. And to soothe my ruffled feathers since Carrie and JF have left for Las Vegas....without us.... I made a wee order to Needlecraft Corner. I admit it, I couldn't resist all the fantastic new things coming out from the Nashville Show. I ordered one of the new Blackbird Designs books, the Goode Huswife Book of Designs, and Quaker Turtles by With My Needle. I am so looking forwards to getting all these goodies in the mail, hopefully with the Blackbird Design Loose Feathers piece too, since I am on automatic for that.

I almost forgot, I joined in the Quaker Friendship RR that Edgar set up, so the pattern is on its way for that too. I still haven't decided on fabric/floss yet. Where's my mail when I'm so desperate for it???

But I did get a fantastic little package in the mail that gave me such a lift! This was from Bine, who set me a very sweet card, and included some lovely Valentine's fabric, and silk floss, ribbon and sweet little charms. Bine, this was so unexpected and so wonderful of you to send to me! You certainly made my day and I can't thank you enough!!!

11 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Ohhhh...lovely stuff here Wendy...your fabric for the quilting project is gorgeous and really my colors :)
Bine was a sweetie on V Day wasn't she?!
Can't wait to see your Quaker RR grow...I'm going to love watching the group's projects grow..should be a fantastic group of stitchers!!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wendy that quilt is going to be so cozy at the cottage!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy using the Maderia silks. You will too. They really are washable also. Maria S.

mainely stitching said...

That's some terrific stash you have on the way!

Annemarie said...

Lovely gifties from Bine, Wendy!
That quilt of yours looks amazing. My favourite colours for quilts.
Hope your stash arrives soon. And you got the Goode Huswife book? That's just fabulous!

Lynn said...

What a sweet gift from Bine!
This quilt is going to be gorgeous. Do you hand quilt or use your machine?
I hope you're feeling much better these days.
BTW you've been tagged! Check out my blog.

stitcherw said...

The quilt looks like it will be lovely when finished. Your new stash sounds great too, it will be so hard to wait for the mail. I saw the turtle set, that is just too cute.
Sue

Julianne said...

Wendy,

I hope you enjoy all of goodies you have on order. I love the new Loose Feathers design too.

Your quilt is going to be lovely. I can't wait to see it all finished. Have a good week.

Kathy A. said...

Your quilting project look lovely. I love the colors. What a lovely gift from Bine. Nice things for nice people.and a little stash building too. Good for you.

Beatrice said...

I like the colors you are using for the quilt.
It's working up quickly.
Wonderful stash.

Michelle said...

I love your little quilt. I have some fabric similar to that - now I'm inspired to use it!