Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Houses of Hawk Run Hollow....and a tag

I'm happy dancing....I finished the dreaded Block 5! So much black.....egads! This was certainly a block that I looked forward to finishing as it is completely filled with stitching. I'm almost ashamed to say that I started it last summer while on holiday, but most of the fall it was ignored. The idea of stitching this one was more daunting than I realized. So hallelujah, its done!

And since I was tagged by Lynn, here it is:

1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged

How do I come up with 7 weird facts about myself....there must be at least 70!

1. I am a very anal stitcher when it comes to my thread. I use it all! Yes all of it, down to the very last cm. It makes it difficult sometimes to get that end threaded through on the back but I've become quite a pro at it. On the other hand, when I only have 1-2 stitches left and not a very long piece, I can't see the point of rethreading. Yes, I guess I am a thread miser.

2. I like to fondle my fabrics ~ that's not too weird is it? Stitching fabrics, quilting fabrics, it makes no difference, but if I don't feel like stitching or quilting or knitting, which is rare, then I quite happily play with my fabrics, sort through them, refold them, and see what I may possibly need in the year 2050.

3. I'm a newshound and I usually always have a news program on during the day...no soaps for me!

4. I have 4 doggies in my house and I would have more if I could...only I think hubby would find a new place to live.

5. I love to work in the morning, the earlier the better, but afternoons kill me.

6. When I'm upset, I like to curl up in bed with a good book and a bag of potato chips. Something else hubby isn't too happy about.

7. I'm currently learning therapeutic touch and hands-on healing.

Yup, that's it for now...hope you're not too weirded out, LOL!

20 comments:

Kristen said...

and see what I may possibly need in the year 2050.


Bwahahahaha! I know exactly what you mean!

Your HHRH looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

OMG, you are SO weird...LOL!!!
A good book and a bag of chips sounds like my kind of weird!

Michele said...

congrats on getting that block done! that is a lot of black :) lol

I'm really enjoying learning all the "weird" things from all the postings ..it's been fun .. and you aren't weird . well, maybe a little bit *grin*

Beatrice said...

HHRH is wonderful. Happy Dances coming your way from me!
Very interesting not Weird really. Because if that were weird we would all be weird...NOT....HaHaHaHa

Crazee4books said...

Hi Wendy,

It was nice to hear from you again on my blog. You sound like you're pretty much back to your old self and making a good recovery from your surgery.

Your HOHRH is looking really great, and I congratulate you on finishing the black square of doom on it. Just about everyone who has or is stitching this design dreads working on this one section, and expresses great relief when it's finally done.

I found the answers you gave to the meme to be quite interesting. I've never really heard of therapeutic touch and healing hands before. Is it some form of massage therapy?

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who pulls out her stash and admires it, plays with it, plans with it, and dreams with it.
That's all part of the fun I guess.

I agree with the early start in the morning, to a point. I wouldn't want to have to get up any earlier then the time I do now, which is 5:30. I'm getting too old for that.

The lap quilt that you've been putting together for your cottage is so pretty, and I love the design that you're using. The strips of material frame and show off the fabric squares nicely.

The Valentine's heart that you received in the exchange from Edgar is simply gorgeous. The colour choices and the way it's been put together combine to make a beautiful keepsake. What a treasure.

I loved seeing the pictures of the WIPS that you've got going at the moment. I especially love the Sampler Game Board, which is a design that I have hiding in my stash. I need to start it someday soon. It looks like a lot of fun to stitch, and everyone who's stitched it seems to think so.

I hope that you enjoyed reading The Queen's Fool as much as I did. There are a couple of more books in this series that I still have to read. One is The Constant Princess, and is about Katherine of Aragon and another is The Boleyn Inheritance, and then there is The Virgin's Lover. And it looks as if Philippa Gregory has a new book coming out in May which may also fit into this group.

So you'll have lots of books to read in bed....with a bag of chips. Me? I'd have a bowl of those little chocolate Easter Eggs from Cadbury's with the coloured shells. Yum!!!

Congratulations and best wishes to your daughter and her betrothed. Sounds like the trip to the Wedding show was a great start for the planning process.

Cheers!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Yay Wendy! Congrats!

Edgar said...

HOHRH is really looking super, and what an accomplishment, block 5, congratulations!!!!!

Annemarie said...

Hey, you promised 7 *weird* things! Okay, the first one may possibly be called weird, but the other 6? No. Sorry.

Hooray and congratulations for finishing the dreaded block. It is still my plan to move towards Block 12 of the Village of Hawk Run Hollow before stitching any others. Same problem there!

Lynn said...

That is a lot of black! Congrats on the finish of this square. I find it so boring when I'm stitching a lot of black or white.

When you're in bed with the book and the chips are the dogs with you too!?
I don't think that I fondle my fabrics but I do like to sort through them every once in awhile . I forget what I've got in my stash half the time!

Anonymous said...

oh man... no chips in bed allowed here LOL

Congrats on the block finish!!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to know if all 4 doggies sleep on the bed with you ;)

Congrats on your happy dance :)

Jane said...

It's looking great!

stitcherw said...

Congratulations on finishing up the square. Houses is looking so good, and now that you have that square behind you the next one should be much more enjoyable.
Sue

glamlawlib said...

Congrats on finishing the block of black! And even more congrats on your daughters engagement :) (sorry catching up here!)

Carol said...

Yay Wendy!!!!!! Congratulations on finishing that house block! Yep, it was a bit of a bear, wasn't it? LOL!

Laura said...

Congrats on finishing block #5! It looks lovely, even though it was such a pain. And it was fun reading about your "weird" habits. I would have four dogs or more also, if I could.

Glenna said...

It looks wonderful--good for you for sticking it out! I did the all-black block also, and have hardly been able to touch the piece since then. Post-traumatic stress disorder!

Yuko said...

Wendy! Your HOHRH looks beautiful!!!
I have been stopping it as I told you before...
It's so stunning!

Deb said...

OMG!!! Congratulations, Wendy!!! Your HHRH is fabulous! A book and chips in bed is my speed, too. :]
Hugs, Deb

Michelle said...

Congrats on finishing that block!!! I love to fondle my thread and fabrics too - makes me happy.