Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Holiday stitching



Some catching up time - I got to start my Carriage House Samplings alphabet series. Not as much done as I would have liked, especially since I never got to change colours! I'm outlining the boxes for the alphabets so far with 3371, not black, as I really don't like working with black and I think 3371 is a much softer shade. Besides I think I've already used up about 10 skeins of this in the Prairie Schooler blocks.




And whenever my eyes got too tired to manage the 40 ct fabric for the CHS alphabet, I switched over to my PS alphabet on 28 ct Jubilee. I was going great on E is for Embroidery, except, yes, I got really tired of using the same ol' 3371. What was I just saying?



And finally some stitching on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow! Not much to see at the moment but a little progress nevertheless.








For Tina: I'm using 40 ct Newcastle Cream linen for the CHS alphabet, and I'm hoping to use GAST threads as much as I can (and where I think it will show ;-).

For HoHRH, I'm using plain ol' DMC. I would have loved to use some NPI silks or even consider the Vicki Clayton silks, but by the time I bought the pattern, and then the recommended fabric, my wallet was empty! The fabric is 40 ct Pearled Barley by Lakeside Linens.

Questions are great - it means somebody's reading my blog!

8 comments:

Leah said...

Wow, you have some big projects on the go. They all look great, Wendy!

Singular Stitches said...

You're making fantastic progress!

Concetta said...

What wonderful photos from your vacation! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. :)

Your HoHRH is looking fantastic -- beautiful colours! Are you using the NPI silks for it?

What fabric are you using for CHS alphabet? It's coming along just beautifully too.

I know, sorry... questions, questions... ;) these are all projects I plan to start someday so I'm making notes, because yours look amazing.

Nicki said...

They all look great! I'm doing the CHS alphabet too - isn't it cute? And the PS alphabet is on the 'to do' list one day. :)

Kitty Couture said...

Oh, you're doing the CHS alphabet! It's so cute! And so is the PS one :) :)

Rebel In Ontario said...

WOW! You were stitching up a storm, all the work you have done so far looks beautiful and I can't wait to see them finished.

Concetta said...

Thanks, Wendy! Oh my gosh, the DMC looks fabulous for HoHRH! I bet you've converted lots of people who wouldn't have thought it'd look THAT good with DMC. Looking forward to seeing more progress!

Mylene said...

WOW! You've made lots of progress!! Well done.