Thursday, August 16, 2007

PIF from Cindy



I got a very nice gift in the mail today ~ a very sweet biscornu from Cindy (Random Stitching Ramblings) as a PIF gift. Cindy was so sweet to note my love of purples and stitched this in a lovely variegated purple floss! I love it and it is taking a place of honour as my very first biscornu. She noted that it was the first one she had made and I was in awe of her amazing work. I have been too chicken to attempt such a thing myself! I only wish my photography skills were better!!

I have been enjoying my very quiet house, but I can admit that its actually a little too quiet for me? The first 2-3 days were great but now its eerie and even the dogs have become too quiet for me! I keep thinking I must remember this when the kids have me ready to pull my hair out and when they come home bringing in 3-4 friends a piece, expecting all to eat. Hubby and I were so bored with each other last night that when our brother-in-law dropped by with a friend, we almost jumped all over them.

So I will be very much looking forwards to Ann's (Knowledge and Needles) annual retreat this Saturday. She is expecting 30 stitchers to be there. I missed the last 2 retreats because of illness so I am very anxious to get to this one! There are going to be several other bloggers there so look for lots of pictures after this weekend!

Sadly to say though I am officially on a Stash Diet, so other than perhaps a little fabric, I don't expect to be bringing home any new stash...... :-(

15 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Lovely PIF for dear Cindy :)

Oh darn a stash diet...those are as bad as food diets. I DETEST them both! LOL!

Sue said...

Pretty biscornu, I love the purple thread ;)

Mindi said...

Love the pretty biscournu, very thoughtful PIF gift. I'm putting myself on a stash diet as well. :(

Lynn said...

I love your biscornu, Cindy did a great job. After all my recent purchases I think I should be on a Stash diet too! Oh well, I never was good at diets, lol! Have fun at the retreat. I'll watch for pics.

Annemarie said...

A quiet house.... sigh. What a dream!

I hope you have a wonderful time at the retreat, Wendy! It's so much fun to meet fellow stitchers (and Bloggers!)

Stephanie said...

Have a wonderful time on your stitching retreat! Stash Diet - LOL - I think every one of us stitchers feels they need to be on one of those - hope yours doesn't last too long :)

staci said...

Beautiful biscornu, I've yet to try one of those as well. Whenever I say 'stash diet', it inevitably leads to 'binging'!

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely biscornu

Michele said...

love the PIF! nice work Cindy :)

Have a great time at the retreat! can't wait to see pictures and hear stories!

Stash diets are a pain, aren't they .. enjoy rediscovering your stash :)

Kathy A. said...

A "stash diet" oh no! I have now accepted the fact I will never stitch it all so I have reinvented myself as a "stash collector" Your biscornu is lovely. I have never tackled one - maybe someday

Anonymous said...

A lovely biscornu :) Lucky You!

I hope you have fun at the retreat :) I can't wait to hear your report afterwards :)

I've been suffering quiet house syndrome too....but I am beginning to enjoy it more :)

stitcherw said...

The biscornu is lovely, and how perfect that it is in your favorite color. Have fun on your retreat, I'll look forward to seeing your pictures.
Sue

Carol said...

That really is a pretty biscornu! I am with you, as I am on/have been on a stash diet too. {{hugs}}, we will get through it :-)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Great PIF!

lena-lou said...

What a wonderful PIF so glad you had a nice one coming to you as the one you did my sis Su was gorgeous :))