Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy 1st Day of Summer!


I don't have any progress pics for anything to show :-( Hubby is away with the camera for the week. But I do have a somewhat older finish to show off:
This is Mirabilia's Christmas Elegance, finished on the recommended fabric, with DMC, a little treasure braid and about 4396 beads LOL! I don't even remember when I started this one...but I finished it. It is hanging on the wall of my sewing room, unframed, because if I stick it in the drawer to join its forgotten companions, it won't see the light of day for a loooong time.

And I have been reading:All I can say is WOW! Great book and if you haven't read it yet, run out and buy it. Can't wait to start the next one in the series.

Thank you for reading and commenting on my last blog post. I was shocked and surprised that anyone would bother to read this sadly neglected blog. Your comments are much appreciated!!!

9 comments:

kimstitch3 said...

she is a beauty.Def a show off piece.way to go. I hope when you get your camera back you will post more updates. Take care,Kimberly

Hazel said...

Really good to see you posting again Wendy. x

valerie said...

Wow, your Christmas Elegance is stunning! I hope you can get her framed soon.

I'll have to check into Hunger Games when I go back to the library.

Melissa said...

That is a stunner you've just finished! I will look forward to seeing it framed in the future!

Yeah, the Hunger Games is fun. I read the whole series this year. I wonder what you will think of the third book...

Happy first day of Summer!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Hi Wendy!
Your Mirabilia...GORGEOUS!!!
My Katie is reading the Hunger Games....maybe I should too...

Lana said...

Love your finish! She is beautiful!! The hunger game series is definitely on my "to be read one day" list!! I hear a ton of good stuff about them!

Lynn said...

Christmas Elegance is stunning! Thanks for sharing her with us.
I'm just starting to get back to reading so I'll have to check out Hunger Games.

Anonymous said...

beautiful finish as always Wendy...happy to read your newly updated blog!! Marj

Siobhán said...

Christmas Elegance is soooo stunning. I saw it as a shop model years ago and was amazed at it--soooo pretty.

Isn't Hunger Games amazing?! I loved it. I never thought I'd enjoy a dystopian novel so didn't bother with it until my daughter would walk with the book up to her face, reading, because she couldn't NOT read it. The whole series was fantastic. I have Divergent by Veronica Roth here to read. It looks very similar in spirit to Hunger Games.