Thursday, December 10, 2009

Meet Chloe

We have a new member of our family!
She is actually the same Schnoodle mix (Schnauzer-Poodle) as Bella is - but with very different colouring. We picked her up almost 2 weeks ago now, at only 7 weeks old - such a little baby. And after auditioning about 2 dozen different names, we finally decided on "Chloe". After a fretful first night, she is making herself at home with her big sister Bella who absolutely adores her.
Stu, on the other hand, has decided to be the old crochety guy and steer far clear of this interfering, noisy (she insists on barking at him) puppy-thing. Although he has to admit to a few perks - he really does like her food!

Beware of lots of puppy pics!
Aww, their version of 'spooning' - so sweet to see them sleeping together - next to my desk!

I finally put the last few stitches into a huge Christmas present - whew, this is such a relief. This is as close as I like to be to a deadline without feeling panicky. Pictures will have to come after Christmas once the recipient has received it. And now its back to a little self-Christmas stitching - this is a freebie that I found through Gazette94's blog:
I started off using the DMC variegated thread and of course ran out too quickly. I thought this variegation was the same when I bought it at Michael's but once I got it home, it had too many pinks. So its back to regular DMC - mixing a couple different colours in to try to get some variegation. And I've been working on an ornament for an exchange too. Time to put my finishing skills to work.

And a little baking ~ banana-walnut bread ~ gluten-free of course!

18 comments:

Nic said...

What a little cutie Chloe is! (and Bella too, of course!)

Siobhán said...

What an adorable new addition to your family! Love the puppy pics--big and small pups Lovely stitching!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, she's so sweet!! And so tiny compared to Bella... LOL!! BTW, the banana bread looks good too! Thank you for the freebie link!

Alberta said...

Wendy, Chloe is so cute! I'm sure she will give you lots of love in the time to come.

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

Melissa said...

Awww, Chloe is so cute! But then they both are. I'm glad Bella has company and can now play the big sister!

Kathy A. said...

What a cutie that Chloe is! No wonder Bella's nose is a little out of joint.
Oh that banana bread looks so yummy.

Carol R said...

Chloe is gorgeous and it looks like her and Bella are getting on just fine.

Happy Christmas to you!

Lindsay said...

She's adorable

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

What cuties you have, and a nice blog to pop into.
Be always in stitches.

Katrina said...

What a cute puppy!!! I have a Chloe too, hopefully your's won't be quite as michievious as mine, LOL.

Lynn said...

Welcome back Wendy, we've missed you! Chloe is such a little sweetie. And how nice that Bella is getting along well with her.
Your Christmas stitch looks like a fun one. I love Gazette 94's freebies.
Hope you had a lovely Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

Michele said...

Happy New Year Wendy :)

Chloe is sooo darling! Love puppy/dog pictures :)

Anonymous said...

The pups are absolutely gorgeous, and Bella just has the cutest little face!

All the very best for 2010, Wendy - hope it's a year filled with wonders of all kinds for you and your family :)

Sonda said...

Soooo cute! I bet she kept you busy through the holidays! Hope you have a lovely new year!

bathroom lights said...

She is so cute!

Crazee4books said...

Hi Wendy,

New pile of books arrived at
my house this week!! Go see
what I got in the picture
posted with my latest blog
update.

I read The Help a few months
ago and adored it. What a
wonderful group of characters
and story. I look forward to
future books from this talented
author.

Your Chloe is one super adorable
little pup! Such a sweet face
and I love her coloring. It's
great that she and Bella are
getting along so well together
and who knows, Stu may yet come
around and make friends with her.

I look forward to seeing your
Christmas stitching finished
and put together for gifting.
Those are cute designs.

I'm trying not to look at that
picture of the Banana Walnut
loaf in case I start drooling
on the keyboard here. That would
not be good.

By the way, how did Chloe do
with the Christmas tree???

Cheers!

Deb said...

Sooo sweet, Wendy!!! How can you do anything but hold him and pet him? I love that new puppy smell. Hugs, Deb

Rachel V said...

What a doll! Sweet stitching and yummy looking bread ... lovely!