Thursday, February 12, 2009

Gifted!

Gasp - look at this treasure trove of knitting loveliness! I was blown over the other day by getting all these wonderful gifts from dear Nancy, a wonderful stitching/knitting/quilting friend.

The knitting/stitching bag at the top is the most gorgeous bag, with all kinds of extra pockets for slipping in a little sustenance to keep a knitter/stitcher going strong! There is a lovely book of knitting stitches, and to the left, an ingenious worm binder, yes, that's right, a worm binder. Its perfect for holding all our circular needles (which are my favourite, uh circular needles, that is, not worms). Some new sock patterns which are my most favourite thing(s) to knit and an absolutely gorgeous purple/blue/green flat of wool called Flat Feet. Its been hand painted after being knitted by machine. The idea is to start unravelling as you knit so come up with your own unique pattern. How cool is that? No more balls of yarn to get tangled ... or played with by not-so-innocent little puppies. I am still in awe of all this lovelies and have had the most fun by taking everything out of my new bag and playing with it all. Thank you, Nancy!!!

Stitching-wise....I'm still at my CHS alphabets and I expect I will be happy dancing very shortly. But meanwhile I couldn't resist a little detour, with one of my new favourite designers, Blue Ribbon Designs~
Valentine Wishes - stitched on 28 ct Blush Pink Cashel, with GAST threads.

Sorry for the dark pictures - its endlessly gloomy around here - with another day of rain....yes, that's right rain. It has turned our snow into glops of messy disgusting piles. But the cold air is returning tonight and I'm sure it will turn everything back into a skating rink.

Fine by me....I'm on the final countdown because a week today hubby and I will be vacationing in Cuba - hot sun, white sandy beach, stitching in one hand, and a mojito in the other!

18 comments:

staci said...

All your knitty goodies make my yarn-lovin heart swoon ;) Enjoy!!!

Annemarie said...

Poor you, going to Cuba and all... I hope you have a lovely time, Wendy! Will you, by any chance, be taking your new knitting/stitching bag with you?
Love the wee Valentine ornament. Very sweet.

Anonymous said...

Awesome gifts and such a sweet Valentine ornament!!! Have a wonderful time in Cuba!!

Von said...

Cuba!! I'll have to live vicariously through you while you're on vacation. :D

Carla said...

Great stitching Wendy, the little love birds are adorable :)
Have fun in Cuba!!!

Melissa said...

OOooooh, what lovely knitting pressies! Lucky you!

The Valentine stitch is very sweet. Although I had loads of sympathy for you reading about the rain/snow/ice, it all evaoporated when you said Cuba! ha ha. Green with Envy.

Have a wonderful vacation, Wendy!

Twana said...

Have a great vacation!

Kit said...

I hope you have a wonderful time in Cuba, and what a great gift, love the bag.

Sharon said...

Fab gift! Your valentine wishes is very pretty! Have a wonderful trip.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Oooh Wendy what a fantastic gift from Nancy!

Your little finish is adorable!

stitcherw said...

Oooooh, wonderful goodies, what a great package that would have been to open. Very pretty finish too, I also have recently fallen in love with the Blue Ribbon Designs. Have a wonderful time on your trip, it sounds delightful. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.
Sue

Glenna said...

What a cute valentine's project! Cuba! I'm pea green with envy! Even if we could do something other than go to work right now- day after day of dreary work-legally US citizens STILL can't go to Cuba. I'm EXTRA envious... So you'll have to go have a good time for all of us. Stitch lots!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Bella is so darn cute, enjoy her sillyness while it lasts, puppies are such fun.

Kathy A. said...

Lovely yarn gifts.
Have a wonderful holiday in Cuba. Glad to hear you still will have one hand free for your stitching. LOL
Have a great time

Craft-i-leigh said...

Hello there in Ontario, I'm writing from Massachusetts! Just enjoying some of the many blogs I've been visiting. I am new to the world of stitching and have been browsing various blogs to try and gain some knowledge and get some tips / ideas. I originally started with a stamped, then counted “kits”. I’m working on my 2nd chart and have noticed some big differences in floss types and quality.
My Cross Stitch Mentor has told me that I’m ready to graduate from Aida, but I really like Aida. Maybe it’s just beginner’s comfort???
If you would answer my question… What type of fabric or fabrics do you prefer and why? Brands and counts?
I would appreciate any advice, thanks!

Lynn said...

Love the Blue Ribbon stitch! By now you're enjoying some sun and sand. Does the vacation include time for stitching? Hope you're having a super time!

samplerlover said...

Hi Wendy,
What a lovely knitting gift from your friend. The ball of wool sounds interesting.
How was your trip to Cuba. That sounds really interesting. That's one place for some reason I have never thought of going. Don't know why, because I think it would be really interesting. All that Ernest Hemmingway influence, or I should say the reverse, the Cuban influence on Ernest Hemmingway. LOL. Anyway, I hope you had a lovely time. Look forward to hearing all about it when you return.
Your stitching is looking beautiful as usual. Hopefully my computer problems are nearly fixed so that I can begin blog reading again. = Sandra.

Solstitches said...

Your Blue Ribbon piece is very pretty and wow! what a fabulous gift you received.
I love that gorgeous bag and have never seen anything like that yarn before. Amazing!

Margaret