Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A new start

A new start - that's right, I couldn't resist the lure of this lovely Mirabilia design any longer. For some reason, I kept thinking about it the past couple of months and having an irresistible urge to start this design. Its called Elizabeth and the Lavender Sky and its #10, so a very early design by Nora Corbett. No beads, no Kreinik or specialty fibres, just good old DMC. I'm using a 32 ct antique white linen. You know it feels really good to work on a design like this, its been a while for me since the lure of Prairie Schooler and Little House Needleworks and Blackbird Designs has had me mesmerized.

On Sunday, I hosted our stitching group for our potluck lunch and get-together. There were 5 of us, unfortunately 3 couldn't make it but Marsha's sweet 3 month old future stitcher helped to fill in the gap. The time always flies when we get together, although not a lot of stitching usually gets done, but lots of inspiration fills the room! Sorry, no pictures, I didn't think of it until too late.

And I have been knitting a little more on my sock which has been a long time in taking the shape of a sock! I'm ready to start the toe decrease. And after watching Nancy give us a demo on Sunday with her new spinning wheel, I signed up for Ravelry. So may be there will be a little more knitting in my future!

16 comments:

Carol said...

Ooo! Pretty start!

staci said...

Love that sock yarn!!! The colors are great!

Alberta said...

Wendy, you've made great progress with your start...lol...Elizabeth looks almost done!

Love the sock colours...are these for you?

glamlawlib said...

Lovely new start Wendy and great colours in your sock :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, great progress already! And what a fabulous colour sock!!

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I love your latest WIP...she is going to be so pretty...and I love the color of your socks...wow....you sure been busy lately...

Take care & Happy Stitching

Carla said...

Great start!!!

Edgar said...

What a really pretty start!!!

Kathy A. said...

Your new Mirabilia is beautiful Wendy. We are starting a Mirabilia SAL on Jan 1st.
Your Neighborhood is gorgeous. What a great job everyone has done. Look forward to seeing it finished.

Christine S said...

Love that sock!!! Great start on your Mira, too. I tagged you on my blog..check it out.

Lelia said...

Hi GF: Beautiful start on Elizabeth, love your knitting, too.
Feel free to pick up one of the tags ... they are fun : )

Michele said...

love your new start!!! and those socks are wonderful! love the colors :)

stitcherw said...

Wow, for a new start you've made a ton of progress, it looks gorgeous already. Your sock is looking lovely too, what fun coloring. Glad you had a good time with your stitching group, it is always such fun to sit and stitch with others. BTW, I tagged you for the 6 things about me list. These have been around so often, it is hard to tell whose all been tagged already. If you've already been tagged, please ignore it.
Sue

Beatrice said...

Oh you are tempting me to start my Mirabilia early. I won't though.. the SAL [see Kathy A ]starts on Jan 1st 2009.
Join us if you can!...you'll probably be done by then lol!
Nice sock so far!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Oooh she's stunning Wendy!

Marion said...

I love that Mirabilia pattern! My friend finished that one last year and it is gorgeous!!

Also...great sock!!! Love the yarn!!

Have a great day!
Marion