Friday, October 12, 2007

Thank you Carol!



Isn't it so wonderful to get packages in the mail from such kind hearted stitching friends! Look what Carol made and sent to me for my birthday! She chose "W" for Wisteria from Nature's Alphabet, which she said was her favourite letter on the chart, and stitched this on 32 ct Autumn Fields Belfast, which is actually one of my favourite hand-dyed fabrics! It is such a delicate lovely little fob, I almost don't want to use it, but of course I can't wait to.

And the back side of the scissor fob is just as pretty as the front:


Thank you so much, Carol, for your thoughtful handmade gift! There really is nothing better to get in the mail :-D

I am still recovering from working in our provincial elections on Wednesday. It was such a looooong day, from 8:00 am and I didn't get home until midnight! Whew! Remind me again why I want to do my civic duty? Oh, yes, the nice pay cheque that will be coming my way in a few weeks :-D

18 comments:

Carolyn said...

What a pretty gift..I love it..

I didn't know it was your birthday hope you had a great day

Happy Belated Birthday:)

Carol said...

You're welcome Wendy! I am so glad it finally arrived :-)

Cheryl said...

Carol makes such lovely fobs, this one is no exception! How kind of her and lucky you :)

Carla said...

gorgeous gift Wendy!

Kitty Couture said...

That is beautiful! Lovely fob from Carol :)

mainely stitching said...

iiThat's such a lovely gift from dear Carol!t

Anonymous said...

What a lovely gift Wendy. Carol makes some lovely gifts doesn't she.

Sherry said...

What a great gift and such fun to get mail box goodies!

Becky K in OK said...

Don't you just love Carol's little fobs. Congratulations. They are so wonderful.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Isn't that Carol such a sweetie?
I love it! Congrats :)
And the paycheck...so how are you going to spend it?! LOL!

Kathy A. said...

What a lovely gift Wendy.Carol stitches the most amazing things for everyone. Belated Happy Birthday. Are you ready for Nov.1 well, Oct. 31st? Have you seen the amazing number of stitchers we have gathered.

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a wonderful gift from Carol!

Mindi said...

Carol's fobs are always so gorgeous.

Stephanie said...

What a lovely fob from Carol - and happy birthday again to you Wendy :) Hope you had a lovely day! Roll on the paycheque!

Jane said...

Wendy, Come on over, I have a surprise for you!

Deb said...

Happy Birthday, Wendy! You deserve the best of birthdays!
Hugs,
Deb

Beatrice said...

That is a wonderful gift!!
Are you ready for PL?

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's beautiful! Happy belated birthday :)